7.17.2008

Souvenirs

In general, whenever a person takes a trip away from home they would like to bring home a souvenir or a memento to remind them of their time away.

Yesterday my sister-in-law and I found the most amazing shop, Baby Grand. Of course we had all of the children with us (that would be 6) so we didn't have time to completely browse. I'll be heading back later on today! I'm hoping to find a superb memento.

At DK's last family reunion I brought home a beautiful and colorful hand-blown glass bowl. The whole family had taken a tour of a glass blowing factory and it was the perfect reminder of our trip to Coeur D' Alene.

We also brought home another souvenir from that trip. It wasn't anything we bought. It wasn't anything we picked out. It was all the result of DK's sister babysitting our girls for us giving us an open afternoon....
Baby JK

Karin & JK

Karin will NOT be babysitting the children for us this time round...we're not looking for a repeat of our last reunion!

7 tweets and twitters:

Susan said...

Oh are you sure? You two make such cute kids! And you know deep down you want another boy... ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Rae... I will do a post on glazing soon. Hope you check back to see... Thanks.. Susie h~

Merand said...

Too hilarious! You don't want to have four??? :o)

Amy said...

Ahhh. Such a sweet story.

Anonymous said...

Hehehe..that is funny!!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Oh my gosh! That was too funny! Well, you'll never forgot that family reunion, right? Just thought I'd stop by and see how things are with you. Have a great day, Rae!

Krissy said...

At least it's a cute trinket! lol I'm rolling with laughter... lol