I could not believe my eyes when I looked at my watch and saw it was 4:45 PM! It felt like it should have been 1 PM!! The hours are flying by. I am running the kids to Bible School, friends' houses, unpacking from vacation, grocery shopping, picking the bunny up from the bunny sitter, blah, blah, blah. You know the drill. You certainly do not want to be bored crazy with my pitiful errands. After realizing it was almost 5 PM we quickly drove home and made dinner, I called the family to sit down and eat and promptly had to stop JK from stabbing Rand with a fork. After incident after incident we called dinner good and done. We packed up and went to the library. I finally had a moment to sit and be still. I love the library. It centers me and introduces calmness back into my life! After the library we ran to return a DVD and then swung into a local ice cream shop. That's right...my children didn't eat dinner but I let them eat ice cream. Look what Rand made for me:

And all it took was a small soft serve vanilla ice cream cone!




8 tweets and twitters:
I, too, LOVE the library. I could stay there for hours (alone of course - I've found it to be a completely different experience with a 3 year old in tow!). What a sweet note! Ice cream really does work wonders!
How sweet...and she even drew a bird with a nest! Too sweet!
My my you were busy today!
I love Rand's sweet little note/artwork! Little things like that make being a busy mom so worth it.
We had a day like that yesterday too! Swimming lessons for both kids, lunch with friends, drop kids off at camp, visiting teaching appointments, pick kids up from camp etc and the day just flies right by--and the fun part is, I get to do it again today!
Have a great day!
Very sweet note and a great picture of a robin! I love the library too--we go every week.
~ Sarah
I think you have one little artist on your hands... What a beautiful picture.. I think you should frame that one. When they turn into teenagers they need to be reminded how much they love you...smile, Susie H~
That is really sweet! I spent 6 hours in the kitchen yesterday...There weren't enough hours in the day for me either!
That day sounds very familiar...there is nothing like being surrounded by peace and quiet AND a load of books! Although I prefer Barnes and Noble to our library - it is very small. I feel that our summer vacation is just beginning - we had family visit so the first week was spent cleaning and the second week spend cleaning and visiting! Now we can relax!
You had one heck of a day! I love the note and picture Rand made for you, that really is so sweet. Sometimes it's in those crazy days when I'm not feeling like the nicest or most patient mom that my kids give me big hugs or Lucas will say "Mom, I love you SO much". Anyway, so sweet!
Post a Comment