Here are a few updated pictures of the dining room. It's still a work in progress....thanks for all of your suggestions!

I bought this waxy way cool box while we were at the Crayola Factory
(and NO for those of you wondering...the "factory" did NOT smell like a box of crayons! They don't even MAKE them there for pity sake! I was soooooo disappointed!!!)


Instead of baskets on top of the hutch I put the crayon crate and added a stack of books

I've added books to display on the table. I plan on switching them out every so often or with a season change, etc.
The kids are really enjoying their space. I do need to get some type of placemat for JK. He doesn't stay on the paper and I'm starting to hyperventilate each time he asks to color!




11 tweets and twitters:
They don't make the crayons there? Did they show you how they were made? I remember seeing them being made. Maybe I just have a poor memory. Going once is enough. I do remember that!
The room looks great!
That crayon crate is awesome! I wish I had decorating sense.. I do not... i stink at it.. we dont even have curtains... although the asthma people will tell me its a good thing when they come out on Tuesday.
Oooh, that box is really neat!
~ Sarah
Love the crate! Looking good.
Looks good...one quick idea. You could do a glass top on the table and then put cool pictures, maps, kids' art underneath. That would make it color-safe for JK.
Where is the Crayola factory? Is it a good field trip?
I hope the little ones don't climb the cabinet to get the crayons down ;)
Love the crate! The room is really looking good. The urn on the table is awesome. Where's it from? Good job, like always.
What a crafty idea. I love the original crayon crate from the early 1900's...that's so awesome. It looks like that dining room is on it's way into a library. I love it!!
I love the crate Too!
What a nice change and I love the box and crayons in the urn!! Great idea!!
Elise
You are one determined girl - you get an idea, and presto, it's done! Love the crate!
Post a Comment