Did I mention it is HOT and HUMID today?! HOT and HUMID I tell ya!
That dumb bunny is still eating my flowers in the front flower beds.
We are having a nasty beetle problem this year and they are eating my basil and rose bushes.
The weeds are taking over my vegetable garden.
Add the heat and all of the above listed boo-hoo's and I feel like I am in hades......
...But then again hades does not have fresh picked squash and zucchini taking a bath in the water fountain courtesy of JK.
Hades does not have a neighbor who came over while I was away and picked some zucchini (she has an open invitation) and then brought me fresh baked zucchini bread this morning.
Hades does not have central a/c.
And most importantly, hades does not have happy, healthy children who make my day brighter no matter what the weather may bring!
This is definitely heaven and I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Also, for a super fun, cute and cool way to beat the heat, head over to 3 Ma'am's and Their Guys. So darling!
Last but not least, it's Tuesday and you know what that means. Take a quick trip over to Lara's Talk About Tuesday to see what all the gals are up to this week!





10 tweets and twitters:
I am thankful that the humidity hasn't been that bad where we live. Last year it was 100+ degrees for over two months. This year, it is more normal temps (high 80's low 90's)
That squash looks yummy! I'd like to fry some up southern style right now.
And I get you on the hot and humid...just makes my curls curlier.
Whew! I feel ya on the humidity! I sweat just looking outside. haha
and Zucchini bread? I'm so jealous!
Hi Rae,
Sure you can come over for smores. It's only 108 degrees here (AZ). We could probably cook the smores without a fire.
Brandee :-)
Yummy bread made with fresh zucchini is divine! Glad you don't live in hades!
I feel ya with the humidity! It's hot like hades here too!
Awww, *love* the zucchini taking a bath--that is something my little guy would do, too! :)
~ Sarah
It sure is hot and humid! Hopefully it breaks soon.
I love the picture of the squash and zucchini taking a little break from the summer heat in the water fountain! Good thinking JK!
What a bright and colorful addition to your water fountain!!!
Thanks for the b-day wishes! :) Love your new wax crate and tassel!
Sorry it's so freakin' hot! Hades doesn't have blogs.
Post a Comment