7.30.2008

The End of a 13 Year Hiatus

This morning the kids and I went for a bike ride! A BIKE RIDE!! For most of you that may not seem like a big deal but for me it really is. You see, I have not ridden my bike in approximately 13 years. We have moved it several times and then it just sits in the garage collecting dirt and grime. A few weeks back a woman from the PTO asked if I would like to have their outgrown bike trailer so I could tow JK around. Sure! That would be fabulous!! Two nights ago I had DK take my bike out and give it a tune-up and a good washing. This morning we were ready to roll. We buckled up and headed out. We all had a good and sweaty time...especially JK! That poor boy was drenched from sitting in the trailer and wearing his helmet. We'll definitely be doing this again! I am so not ready to participate in a triathalon like Shottsie or Pedaling BUT I am pretty excited about this opportunity to add a little more exercise to my day as well as spend good quality time with the kids!

18 tweets and twitters:

Christy said...

Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! There's just something about being on a bike. I love biking. It has made me sad that I can't do it as much since I'm pregnant. Oh well. There's always next year!

Nancy said...

Yea for you. I haven't been on a bike in way more than 13 years. Well, except I vaguely remember riding a friend's bike down the length of a very short driveway in college. Other than that, I was 10 or so.

The Berry's Patch said...

We love to bike ride. We usually go as a family during the cooler months. Maybe I'll try it in a dress like the picture. That has to be cooler.

Your killing me with that Breaking Dawn time line. ;-)

Jen Kershner said...

Good for you! I need to get mine out and take it for a spin too. It hasn't been that long for me but still there are no excuses. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I LOVE yours!

Susan said...

Oh how wonderful! Good for you rae!!! i'm glad you were able to get your hands on a trailer for JK. My kids both love(ed) riding in it, I just wish I could go on bike rides now...dang this big belly! Out kid, OUT!

Erica said...

Sweet! All you need now is a new bike, a HELMET, clipless pedals, shoes, bike shorts, a jersey, a tool kit and start eating energy gels! You'll be all set! When should we go shopping?

The Farmer's Wife said...

How much fun! I have been wanting to start biking again....it has been years. I began yesterday by riding the most darling Schwin Cruiser through Target...I need it! My kids thought I had lost my mind...but I had a great time;)

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Oh how fun! I loved those days when I wrote bike with my kids. All 4 of them behind me or beside me. Those were the days! Kudos to you!

Jen said...

Awesome!!! Caleb loves riding in the trailer and I love listening to him enjoy it behind me.

Lisa said...

Exercise and QT combined...perfect!

Merand said...

Fantastic! We just love going for family bike rides and I really like the seat we got for Evie. I'm bummed that we'll have a brief hiatus on family rides but it will be worth it.

The Berry's Patch said...

Rae,

I'm going to Mamma Mia again tomorrow. You want to fly to AZ and go with us? Starts at 7:10pm. ;-)

Brandee

KIM D said...

I guess the old saying's true--you never forget how to ride a bike.

Anonymous said...

Check out our biking family - I have my very own bike to myself - Chris does all the heavy hauling here. :-)

www.flickr.com and type in chrispaulacassieconner for the search.

The longest train is a recycling run here in town - you can kinda see my pretty purple bike in the back!!

PN

Anonymous said...

you have to click on people for the search or it doesn't find us

PN

Lisa said...

We are occasional bikers. For some reason, though, when we go there is always a story to tell!

Pedaling said...

it's fun hu? i can't beleive i missed this post!