6.18.2008

Tippy Toes

The other day while JK and I were out doing some shopping he started dancing to the music in the store. Two teenage girls saw him and started talking about how cute he was. One of the girls said, "Look! He even dances up on his tippy-toes!" Unfortunately, that was not an unique occurrence. JK ALWAYS dances and walks up on his toes. He's a toe walker. We go to a Pediatric Orthopedist in 2 weeks to find out if he will need leg braces or what not to correct this problem.

Have you ever tried walking around on your tippy-toes for an extended period of time? Since watching JK I have tried and let me tell ya, your calf muscles get quite the workout. It's totally uncomfortable! I don't know how he does it.

6 tweets and twitters:

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

I can't imagine walking around on my tippy toes. I can see someone I know that was a toe walker, but I can't think of who it was! They stopped, whom ever it was! I'll be interested to hear what they say!

Insight, Insanity, Imagination said...

My youngest sister walked on her tippy toes for the first year or two that she was walking. She eventually stopped though. Let us know what you find out at the doctor!

Kim said...

My sister did this and she turned out o.k.--for the most part :)

Nancy said...

My daughter has a friend (age 5 1/2) that walks on her tippy toes. It looks uncomfortable, but I never thought about the long term affects or why.

Merand said...

Evie does her share of tippy-toe walking but I didn't think it could be a problem. It sounds like lots of kids do it, so he's apparently not alone!

Amy said...

I didn't even notice it. I know that is a symtom of ADHD, but sweet little JK does not seem to fit that mold. Good luck with all the Dr. stuff.