5.22.2008

A Grieving Heart

While JK and I were out this morning I heard on Fox News about the tragic accident that killed Maria Sue Chapman. How my heart jumped into my throat while I listened to the rest of the story. According to the report, "The 5-year-old daughter of Grammy-winning Christian music star Steven Curtis Chapman was struck and killed Wednesday by a sport utility vehicle driven by her brother, authorities said."

So horrific. Such tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Chapman family at this difficult time. May you find comfort and healing in the sure foundation of your faith in God.

To "meet" Maria, click here.

With tears streaming down my face, I will now wrap up this post, go scoop my baby up and snuggle with him. I hope to always remember how important it is to say "I love you" to my children and strive to be the best mama possible.

3 tweets and twitters:

Susan said...

Oh that is SO sad. I don't think people realize how careful they have to be while driving, even in their own driveway!

Jen said...

A few years ago the same thing happened to a local family the Dad he got home from work and didn't know his child was playing in the driveway he struck and killed her. Ever since I heard that story it's my worst nightmare. This is one of the reasons when my kids are playing in the driveway I park my van across the top. I'm going to go hug my babies!

Amy said...

Wow, I hadn't heard about this. So sad. I had a cousin killed in a car accident while his older brother was driving and I know that it took him a long time to get over the guilt he felt.