5.12.2008

Food Storage - My Way

After reading Kim's post about food storage, I got to thinkin'. I am a picky, finicky eater. There are certain things I would rather die than eat. And a lot of those things are included in FOOD STORAGE! So. Here's what my perfect food storage would look like:

There's CORN in Doritos

Trail Mix - that's not too bad

Water, of course

Diet Coke, more important than water, in my opinion

These last FOREVER!

Dried fruit

What's your idea of food storage? (And don't take this question too seriously! Let's have some fun here!!)

8 tweets and twitters:

Kim said...

You're funny. For me, not so much Twinkies, but Hostesses Orange Cupcakes. I love these!

Trail mix is actually a good idea for food storage. Protein, fruit, and chocolate. Can't go wrong!

Erica said...

Hmmm, maybe chocolate covered raisins (fruit), Lay's for sure (potato's right?), Diet Mountain Dew, Snickers (protein), yikes, I am sure I could go on and on but you get the picture. Junk food rocks!

KIM D said...

Seriously, I've NEVER thought of diet coke as a food storage item before. Things could get ugly if I don't start a rotation here soon. Also, don't leave out the peanut butter, oreos, cheddar sun chips, forzen pizza's and string cheese (for Savanna).

Christy said...

I have to say that I am using dried beans and rice that I have in food storage - thanks to a tip from a friend - Tostidos dipping sauces. Tonight we had pasta with black beans, brocolli, and the cheddar cheese sauce - kind of grown up mac n cheese. Yummy. My ideal food storage? Chocolate chips, peanut butter, and water - I could live forever - or until I die from diabetes or heart disease.

Andy said...

My friend Em literally has a two year supply of chocolate chips.

Melanee said...

Treats: Dark chocolate, animal circus cookies, Sun Chips, Pringles, almonds, walnuts, frozen avocado dip, triscuits, frozen shredded cheese, lots and lots of water

nanamoo said...

I called Melanie today and asked who the East Coast Evans are? I am glad to meet you! I enjoyed checking out your blogs and will look forward to trying out your recipes.

As for food storage...kraft caramels and Cape Cod potato chips!

Crystal said...

Ideal food storage...it's funny you are talking about "your perfect food storage" with things like Chocolate--yes, this is the gal who is not a chocolate fan! Anyway, my Relief Society President and sisters from my ward say that Chocolate is a "must have" in their food storage so last week they canned chocolate and other yummy treats in canning jars! They canned things like chocolate chips, junior mints, all varieties of M&M's, nuts, dried fruit etc. I thought it was funny, but it's true,these comfort foods give us energy and keep us going!! I know in my family we'd need banana cream pudding, Kit-Kat Bars and heck throw in some Junior Mints for Me!!