5.15.2008

Changes

Life is never dull, that's for sure! There is always something happening in the Evans' household. This past week has ushered in a few changes and we have embarked upon some new trails....
The first change took place this past Sunday. After a year's hiatus I have been asked to serve in my church's children's ministry (Primary). I am excited for the opportunity to be working with the children. Thankfully my girls are happy that I am back in Primary too! 

The second change that had the potential to completely shake our lives took place on Tuesday night. My dear, sweet, hard-working husband was nominated to run for State Senate. This was a complete and total surprise and for the past two days he has been busy researching, talking to other Senators and praying about this opportunity. A neighboring city's newspaper ran a blurb about his nomination and today he has been fielding calls about his "upcoming campaign". Hold the presses....he hasn't even submitted the paperwork!!! In fact, he told one reporter this afternoon that though he is extremely flattered to be nominated he has declined and will continue working in his current political position. Who knows what next year may bring! (Personally, I wasn't sure I was ready to go through another campaign so soon after the last one!!)

The third change occurred last night at the monthly PTO meeting. Remember this post? Well, last night we voted on the slate of officer's for the 2008-2009 school year. Yes, I had submitted my name for President and last night, after a unanimous vote, I became the new PTO President. With that being said, I will not be homeschooling the girls....YET! At least not next year. It is something I will continue to research and pray about. I am grateful for my old (but not TOO old) and dear friends, Danielle and Amy, and my sister-in-law, Melanee, who have given me so much information and advice. Please do not give up on me! :)

I do believe that about wraps up the Evans' Household Saga...at least for this week! Stay tuned to see what next week may bring!

6 tweets and twitters:

Susan said...

Wow!!! Those are some exciting (and scary) changes for you and your family. Congratulations on becoming the PTO pres and on your new Primary calling (are you a teacher or what?). So is it for sure that DK isn't going to be running for state senate?! WOW!! I'm almost speechless. congrats!

Rae said...

Hey Suz!
1st Counselor in Primary and it is definite that DK will not be running for State Senate....at least THIS year! :)

Anonymous said...

You guys really did have a BIG week!!!!! When I read your post last night, I was a little disappointed that Dave declined (because he would be great), but now that I think about it, it might be a major scheduling crunch in your household between his senate duties and your PTO Pres. work. :)

You & Dave are both so talented and willing to serve . . . such a great example for us all!!!!

BTW, congrats on Primary, too!!!

Traci said...

Welcome to primary!! I have been in it for the past 5 years, and don't know where I would be with out it. I am the president so it keeps me on my toes! Good Luck and also with the PTO President position!!! That will definately keep you on your toes! You go girl!

Pedaling said...

It's wonderful to have people like you and your hubby involved in the community-
what is DK's current political position?

yeah, McMain, good guy, yes- but hard to get jazzed about and not sure he will be able to rally up the support he's going to need to win this thing
thanks for your comment on my depressing post-they are always helpful.

have fun in your new primary calling-and in the school pto- wow, you are going to be one busy gal!

Melanee said...

How did I miss this? Wow. Big stuff. You'll have to update us on how the final decision came down on DK's offer.

What does being a PTO President entail?

In regards to homeschooling, no amount of research will fully give you the satisfaction of knowing how incredible it is until you jump in with both feet and try it. It would be cool if by the time you homeschool, we could get the cousins together and do a big historical study together, including a trip out east to see you.

Love you!