You know that song, Big Yellow Taxi? Probably the most well-known line from that song is, "They Paved Paradise and Put Up a Parking Lot". I can truly say that is not the case for my family! The parking lot was taken out and we now have paradise...well, at least our version of paradise!
Yesterday while planting some seeds I hit...ASPHALT! The running joke of my state is the rock should be named the state flower. But asphalt? Yes, I have asphalt (in addition to my fair share of rock). The lot our house was built on was once a parking lot. About 10 years ago the Historic District tore it up and viola, my house and my next door neighbor's were built upon the rock...I mean the asphalt. As the ground has continued to settle more asphalt has made its way to the surface. Below are a few pictures of the different chunks DK and I have dug up over the past 6 years.

Our latest addition

This lovely pile came from digging up the garden beds on the side and back of the garage (notice the rock mixed in with the asphalt)

This beauty was smack dab in the middle of our yard




2 tweets and twitters:
I thought I'd leave a reply. I've emailed about 3 times with no response. I'm wondering if perhaps it's going to your spam folder or something. Can you email me and let me know of an alternate email to try or something. OR maybe you've been busy...that's fine, too.
My kids dig up car parts in the back of our yard. Hmmm..... Fortunately our well is nowhere near the car parts.
Post a Comment