Tonight was Kenners Girl Scout Brownie night. We worked on the Water Everywhere Try-it. I had a lot of fun putting together a science experiment centered around water, salt and food coloring. I think I may have been more excited about the results than the girls! We talked about water conservation as well as how many things (including our bodies) are made up of water. Then I went into how spoiled we Americans are to have pure clean water at the ready any time we want it. Of course I put it across much nicer. Between DK and I we have lived or visited numerous countries and have family members that have lived all around the world. They were valuable resources to me in putting together my presentation for tonight!

After Brownies, I took Rand to her Activity Night at church. Along the way, we saw one of these:

I think this is the cutest car ever! A few months back I was talking to an owner for a Fortwo. He had bought it in Canada and had it registered there because the state in which we live would not allow this particular vehicle to be registered within state. I'm happy to report our state has smartened up since the Fall time and they are now registering these cute little eco-friendly cars. Maybe when DK and I are retired and do not need that back row seat!!
And to top off the night, in honor of
Earth Day, Rand planted basil seeds in a recycled cloche. I'm so excited! I love basil! Last year my basil plants grew so tall they were up to my chest and were so full I could not put my arms around them! It will be fun to watch it grow from seed and move it out into the garden later on.

Basil plant
Pesto, anyone?
5 tweets and twitters:
Oh Pesto! Basil manages to be one of the few things I can grow with any success. Partly because it grows itself, and takes OVER if you let it. Even the rabbits here leave it alone. I made TONS of pesto last year with all of it, and froze it to use all winter.
Also, my friend H is getting a smart car this weekend. Maybe she'll take us all for a spin (one at a time) on the 19th!
Funny that you mentioned it...I was just talking to Chris about the "smart" car tonight. I've seen them everywhere, but instead of being in awe I start laughing picturing that movie "Newlyweds" with Ashton Kutcher...hilarious! But fun to drive nonetheless--I wonder if you could get one with pedals?!?
I love basil! I just bought some form the grocery store and was so depressed about it. I can't wait to plant mine and reap the wonderful smelling herb. Of course, I never have enough ideas of what to do with it. Got any?
The smart car? really not too much smart about it. It only takes 91 octane gas, gets 35 mpg and is SMALL. It costs the same as many other small cars and performs worse than them. Thanks "car and driver" for another great review!!
Someone in New Hartford drives one of those little beeney cars- I so love it when I see it, very cute!
Post a Comment