At least that is how it seems to me some days. I try and try to do everything I possibly can for my children but most days I end up falling short. Take tonight for example. I spent all afternoon making a couple of lasagnas, rolls, salad and cookies. I was asked to make dinner for a family at church who just had a baby and of course I might as well make one to freeze and one for my family to eat. (DK wasn't home for dinner tonight so I saved our lasagna for dinner tomorrow night when Kenners and I will be at a Girl Scout function. But I digress...) I packed the chick-a-dees into the car along with the food to be delivered and off we went. On the way home I decided to pop by to one of their favorite eateries and pick up a surprise dinner for them to eat at the playground. Wow! What a great idea! What a fantastic surprise!! OOPS, not so fast. I forgot JK's shoes at home. Walked right past them when I was loading the food and baby gift into the car. ARGH! So we needed to go home and not to the park. Kenners was especially unhappy with me. I felt like saying, "You know kid? Life is full of disappointments and if this is as bad as it gets well then that's just too bad". But of course I didn't.
Week 38--Maymee's Big Trip, part 1
-
I need to leave this post short and sweet. This was my big trip to Amaan
to visit Maddy and Mason who just welcomed their second daughter. They are
the...




3 tweets and twitters:
yesterday I left the house without daipers...so much for going anywhere fun after the ALL CLEAR at the doctors. BUMMER!
Like you, I remember so many good things about growing up, but with the good come the bad things too.
My Mom always talks to us about the fun stuff...I wonder if it's her way of avoiding the bad.
Post a Comment