Do you think there is such a thing as getting too much sleep? I don't think there is. Personally, I need at least 8-9 hours of sleep each night PLUS (if possible) an afternoon nap. Believe you me, I WISH I didn't need to sleep that much. But the sad truth is if I DON'T get enough sleep I become sick. Then what good am I? I'm not sure what I'm going to do when JK no longer takes an afternoon nap. It's so nice to put him down for his nap and then put myself to bed as well. Back at the end of December my doctor told me to stop feeling guilty about the amount of sleep I need. My official diagnosis is "fatigue". I do not have chronic fatigue, thank goodness, just mommy fatigue. Whenever I'm feeling a bit limp I say, "Oh, you'll have to excuse me. I have the fatigue".
DK is the exact opposite of me. First off, he's the night owl; I'm the early bird.

He gets his second wind when I am getting ready to go to bed for the night. He stays up to 1:30 or 2:00 almost every morning. He rolls out of bed around 7ish. Physically he hardly ever needs a nap.....though a sure way for him to fall asleep is to read a book! I do not know how he made it through 7 years of college!!! In over 12 years of marriage I have finally come to the conclusion that I'm not gong to change my sleeping habits and he isn't either. It used to bother me for several years that we did not go to bed at the same time. If DK's home he comes up and tucks me in! How crazy is that? We have our prayers, etc. and then off he goes to work on his never-ending list of things to get done. Now I see the benefits for being opposites: he can stay up when the kids are out late at night and I will be up early to get them off to seminary and school!
Poor Rand also has a hard time falling to sleep at night. There are nights when I'm headed off to bed and she's still wide awake. Just one more reason to homeschool. She can sleep later in the morning and not have to get up for the bus.
It's now time for lunch and you know what that means! NAPTIME is just around the corner!!! Sweet dreams everyone!!!
UPDATE:
When I went to get JK and put him down for his nap, this is what I found. I think he takes after me and I shouldn't be too worried about him giving up that nap any time soon!!
3 tweets and twitters:
I'm just like you - I need at least 8 solid hours or I am useless. Unfortunately, that rarely happens anymore. In order to have time together we stay up late and of course, Evie is up early as ever. I used to be a morning person, but it's not as easy anymore. Thankfully I can still get that afternoon nap in (although the nice weather makes me want to be outside). I am also dreading the end of naps but Evie is like JK, not quite ready to give them up!
I need about seven hours of sleep at night, but now that I'm baking a baby I'm up to about eight or nine hours a night plus an afternoon nap. I love naps!! JK is so cute all curled up on the couch!! I used to (as a child) fall asleep anywhere.
This actually suprises me - I picture you as someone with boundless energy due to all the things you accomplish! Actually, that's probably why you do need the sleep that you do - because you are going, going, going while you are awake?!
Post a Comment