3.14.2008

Yummy Color!

Just look at these VIBRANT paint colors! I want to paint my whole house in vivacious, yummy colors! Of course, I will restrain myself BUT I do want to inject some of these colors throughout the house. One of the easiest ways to do this is through accessories. I always change out my throw pillows from the heavier, darker fall/winter colors and textures to the brighter and lighter Spring/Summer feel. I love how Anne Morrow Lindbergh talks about taking down the drapes and rolling up the rugs in her book, Gift from the Sea. There is something spectacular about putting away the heavy things in our homes and living in the bare simplicity which is left behind. I love to watch the early-Spring and Summer light bounce off my glass jars that are filled with sand and shells, the feeling of looking down at my bare (of course painted) toes that are free from heavy socks and shoes. Spring is rejuvenating! Spring is liberating!



Okay, forgive my tangent! What I really want to talk about are these colorful picture frames from Pottery Barn. Many weeks ago I blogged about how I want to live inside a Pottery Barn catalog. I want my house to look like the pictures in their catalog. BUT I want to do that by paying a fraction of the cost. Take a look at these picture frames from PB:


When I was at IKEA yesterday with my sister I found these picture frames. Now I know they aren't exactly the same quality as the frames from Pottery Barn but they are $3.99 for 2 5x7's instead of one for $29.00! And since I won't have these comparison pictures displayed in my house, no one will be the wiser!
I bought the green, white and yellow frames along with these floral art cards to put inside the frames. I'm still tweaking my Easter decor and won't tackle these until some time after the 23rd. In the meantime, I wish you all gloriously colorful moments that are filled with the beauty and re-birth of Spring!

4 tweets and twitters:

Christy said...

My goodness, you are amazing! My house is so plain - but I admit I prefer it that way because I find it easier to care for. However, I do appreciate a well decorated house - and I love looking at the pictures of your home. How about an outside shot once the spring blooms come in? I am in desperate need of color!!!

Jen said...

I have those frames.

Susan said...

I like your apothecary jars with the grass and egss so pretty!

Anonymous said...

I need help in the color area! I love to see what you're doing with your beautiful home. If I see enough, maybe it'll rub off on me. :)