Yesterday, like any other day, I was reading up on all the blogs I keep track of. On one particular blog there was a comment to this affect, "It's not like we can all live in a Pottery Barn catalog or something". After reading this comment I kind of went, Huh. That's EXACTLY what I want to do!! Is there something wrong with me for wanting that? I love Pottery Barn and you can find me in their store at least once a month. My favorite part of going often is the clearance section of the store. I cannot begin to tell you how many wonderful things I have bought at magnificently low prices. My objective for my home is to fill it with top dollar items purchased at bargain basement prices. I love the hunt for a good deal. I become intoxicated with the glory of finding a super steal! I get so excited when I find that hidden treasure that is just PERFECT for my home. I feel as if I'm a lioness out on the safari hunting for just the right catch. I obviously have too much time on my hands but nonetheless, I am not ashamed to declare, I WANT my home to look like POTTERY BARN and I WANT to live inside their catalog!!!
Week 38--Maymee's Big Trip, part 1
-
I need to leave this post short and sweet. This was my big trip to Amaan
to visit Maddy and Mason who just welcomed their second daughter. They are
the...




5 tweets and twitters:
I recall reading that comment (although with all my blog reading I can't remember whose blog it was on) and it made me laugh because I thought of you IMMIDIATELY. I love your home because it is SO clean and SO WELL decorated. Anytime that we went to your house it felt like home. It's like the Pottery Barn catalog in a sense, but without that cold not-lived-in feeling.
I too love bargin shopping...but because of my budget my bargins are usually at target or TJ Maxx.
Rea, you do live in a pottery barn catalog!!!
Oops RAE!
It's funny. Because as I'm reading this post, my poor husband is under our kitchen table trying to resurrect one of it's bum legs. It needs some TLC before it crashes completely and takes out either a dog or a small child in the process. I mention this, as it is a PB table, which I managed to get, along with a slew of other treasures, for a VERY good deal about a year ago. (Although we did have to hoof it home strapped to the top of the family car.) I'll have to share my secrets with you some time. I hope my savvy shopping doesn't end up injuring someone around here.
I only WISH I could live there! I should go in more often and check out the deals. This home is just really hard to decorate so I do nothing! Sad!
Post a Comment