3.04.2008

Small Miracle

Today ended up being a rainy day. Since I was planning on going to  The Promenade this came as no surprise. Ask my friend, Mer. EVERY time I go it is RAINING! I must be cursed (I think I could trace that to DK who would rather I NOT go there). Fortunately I was just going to Anthropologie to return the kitchen knobs I bought last month. Then it was a quick jaunt across the street to Target for another return....which brings me to my AMAZING announcement! My small miracle! At this current moment, I have NOT ONE THING that needs to be RETURNED!!! For those of you who know me well, you know this is a truly monumental occasion!

After I finished my returns I met Jen and Kim for lunch and then we went over to the Christmas Tree Shop. While there I kept asking myself, "Is this something you really LIKE? Is this something you really NEED?" If the answer was NO then it was not purchased. This is my new mantra! From now on my philosophy is no longer, "I can always return it". Going forward I will ask myself, "Is this something you will end up wanting to return?" It sure feels nice to not have all sorts of bags lying around waiting to go back to the store!

JK amidst the Easter candy

When Kenners and Rand came home from school today they wanted to know where I was going this evening. I asked why they wanted to know. "Well, you have a necklace on and a pretty shirt. You're also wearing stand-out make-up." Stand-out make-up? In case you're wondering what THAT is it would be my usual make-up along with my eyes mascaraed and lined and a bold lipstick instead of a lighter gloss. I told the girls that I ALWAYS wear a necklace, the one their Dad gave me. "Yeah, but it's not a fancy one like the one you're wearing now". The one DK gave me is a diamond (over a carat) in a bezel setting. The necklace I was wearing today I got on clearance from Old Navy back in the summer! Oh how my girls crack me up!

4 tweets and twitters:

Susan said...

Congratulations on your returns!Actually, I think of you whenever I have a return to make (which is rare). I'm glad you came up with a new mantra. Mine is always: "if it's here when I come back next time, then it's meant to be." It's worked wonders!

Funny that your girls think of your old navy clearance necklace as "better" than the beautiful diamond necklace DK gave you! soon enough though, they will know. They will know!

Jen said...

I'm so happy for you and I can't believe that I spent the most!!!

That necklace was really nice, I even commented on it.

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!!

Andy said...

Oh a kindred spirit! I have this theory that I can always take it back. AND, as long as it's at my house, nobody else can buy it. I'm trying to be better. But I just noticed a lamp I've had for over a year still has the tag on it. HH told me the other day... You know the mall is NOT the library? Right?