Today JK and I took a little road trip despite the snow that was falling from the sky. Our first stop was Old Navy where we met my friend Merc and her daughter Evie. JK LOVES Old Navy because they have a big gumball machine filled with little bouncy balls. We IMMEDIATELY go to the machine and stick our quarter in and out pops a ball to occupy his time while I shop.
Walking to the front of the store, Merc asked me, "Don't you wish we could be so happy and excited about something that only cost a quarter?" YES! Yes, I do. And it's true. His whole day was complete thanks to a 25 cent ball!
Merc and I took the chick-a-dee's over to Target to pick up a few things and feed them a quick lunch before heading home for naps. When we were done eating and packing up to go home, I noticed JK was a bit odiferous so I took him into the restroom to change him. While we were in there, he discovered the mysterious wonderment of the echo. He kept shouting, "NO!" and would then hear it repeated back to him. What a game! What joy! What entertainment this provided while I finished changing his diaper. WOW! This little pleasure was even cheaper than his bouncy ball...it was FREE! And the greater beauty was being able to change his diaper without him fighting me. Simply amazing!!
Switching gears just a bit...all week long I've been planning on going to Anthropologie and I decided today was going to be the day NO MATTER WHAT! I have brass knobs on my kitchen cabinetry and after 6 years of great annoyance I have decided to REPLACE them! I love the unique, fun and funky buys at Anthropologie and wanted to check out their hardware. This is what I found:
I'm not 100% sure these are THE knobs but the one thing I like is this: they tie the green from the living and dining rooms together and pull that color into the kitchen. I have certain constraints on what I am able to choose because I am working around brass hinges on my cabinet doors. Who in the world installs BRASS hinges on cabinetry built in the year 2001?!?!? A MAN, that's who!!!!! I would DIE for hidden hinges but am trying to be CONTENT with what I have and work on finding unique knobs that will complement the brass hinges. Here's to hoping!!!





5 tweets and twitters:
I feel your brass hinge pain. I think the answer is... the same people who install ugly brass light fixtures in a brand new home in 2001. Sometimes it feels like we're eating at a dingy pizza parlour instead of our own kitchen.
Love your new knobs!
Why don't I love closer to you? And apparently your great mall!
I love the new knobs.
Next time you come over, look at my plastic & cheap brass knobs! I'm replacing every brass item in my home, including those paired with oak. Yuck. Love the knobs.
Oh the joys of a $.25 bouncy ball from Old Navy. Oh, it's only joyeous it you can keep it in their hot little hands and NOT lose it in the store somewhere. Remember they are BOUNCY balls. My boys BOUNCE them. Then I end up with a fit over a twenty-five cent bouncy ball. For heaven's sake.
I think those knobs are great. I love the green. I think all cabinets should have hidden hinges. What were those men thinking when they built your house?!
Your knobs are awesome! I am in the process of purging brass at our house. It was built in 1974, so there is a lot! I just changed out the cabinet hardware. I bought hinges on ebay, and they were crazy cheap and look exactly like the one from Lowe's.
Amy
Post a Comment