3.21.2008

No, We Did NOT Buy A Chick...or two...or three!!

Every year on Good Friday I think of the religion teacher I had during my Junior year of high school. For those of you who do not know, I attended an all girl Catholic high school. I remember Sister Raphael saying that every year on Good Friday it rains. Every year I pay particular attention to the weather on Good Friday. Some years it rains and others it does not. Today there was no rain. It was cold and windy again but the sun was shining. I am very grateful for today's sunshine.  I am grateful for answered prayer. I am grateful for miracles that I experience in my every day life. I am grateful for my Savior and for His atoning sacrifice. I am grateful for my family....

This morning, as planned, we went to see the BABY CHICKS!!! Here are pictures of my chick-a-dee's holding baby chicks!!

Look at that excited face!

Can I get this one?

Learning how to hold a chick

Rand did not want to hold the chick at first...this is about as close as she would go

Kenners wanted to buy this chick and name her "Sunshine"

Mama protecting the little chick from JK

3 tweets and twitters:

Susan said...

Baby chicks are the cutest. I love their little chirps and how soft and cuddly they are. Your little chick-a-dees look like they had a pretty good time with the chicks.

KIM D said...

how fun & good job on restraining yourself from the little cuties :) i'm sure DK is sooo proud, or is that relieved?!?

Andy said...

Are you SURE you are not going to be raising those chickens soon? Because I have a secret family recipe for angel food cake that calls for fresh eggs!