While I was out and about today it was hard to believe that today is the first day of Spring. Even though it was a bit chilly and the wind was blowing like crazy I still had a bounce in my step just thinking "Spring has Sprung"! I am thinking non-stop about gardening! I can't wait!! This summer while I'm out in Washington I'm hoping to visit the Chocolate Flower Farm! How I love their plants and their site!!!

This is where I discovered the "chocolate" egg shown below!!

Look at this GORGEOUS Marans egg! This is its natural color!
Me thinks I want to raise a few Marans chickens!!
Last year a friend of mine started raising chickens. I want to raise chickens too! I need to research this out a bit more and check with the town hall about ordinances and all that. Maybe next Spring I'll have my own chicks! For now, I'll have to be happy with going and petting the little baby chicks at our local feed store. That's what we're doing tomorrow morning. Fun, fun, fun!
Wishing you a joyous Spring season filled with beautiful flowers, budding trees and gentle rains! And maybe a chick or two!!




7 tweets and twitters:
when you do decide to do chickens talk to me and I'll hook you up with my dad, the chicken expert.
YOU ARE NUTS (in the nicest sense of the word)!!!!!!!!!
I think I finally have Eric talked into chickens! Now all we need is a coop and a shotgun(to keep the other animals away)!
Rae - a farmer? I'd never believe it! Not to mention have you smelled chickens on a hot day??? :)
You will totally get used to the smell of them, even on a hot summer day! (My best friend works at the UConn chicken facility and has for the past almost 9 years. She doesn't even notice the smell now.And my dad has worked wtih chickens for almost 30 years...pretty sure he doesn't even notice the smell either)
I think raising chickens is a great idea. I've been trying to talk Blake into it, but no luck. Maybe if you guys get them, he'll be easier to convince.
You certainly won't have color them for easter!! I have been thinking about chickens - not sure if the village will go for it or not. Have to check on that.....
PN
Post a Comment