3.01.2008

Cookie Delivery and Spring Wishes

This morning I rolled out the door at 7:30 to go and pick up 86 cases of Girl Scout Cookies! Wowzers! My troop did such a great job selling cookies and are so excited to start their booth sales. They were very adamant about deciding on where we should make our charitable donation. So it was put to a vote....and the Children's Medical Center will be receiving cookies at the end of the month. It's wonderful to see the girls think about those children who are not as healthy as they and want to brighten up their day in some way. Here are Rand and Kenners helping me sort through our own cookie order.

Driving through the slushy snow this morning made me wish for spring's arrival. My mailbox is beginning to fill up with gardening catalogs. Inside they entice you with beautiful vibrant colors that make me want to move to a warmer climate. I have also been visiting the Chocolate Flower Farm website. I just LOVE looking at all of their unique plants and flowers. I have a new garden bed I need to fill this year. I have started dreaming of when I can get out there and start the process. Ah, SPRING! And then there's my vegetable garden. Which veggie's should I plant this year? I have tripled its size from last year and I'm excited to get out there and dig in that dirt! Ah, SPRING! 

My tulips are beginning to really open up and before I know it they'll hit the trash can. But I couldn't resist taking a few pictures of them in my quest to hurry winter along and usher in the sweet warm days of spring!
Ah, SPRING!

P.S. Spring truly is wonderful...but it also has its down side. For me it's allergies. Thank goodness for ALLERGY MEDICATION!! Without it I would have to move to a parking lot surrounded by dirt!

2 tweets and twitters:

Story Family said...

Does this mean my cookies I ordered from the sweet neighbor girl are on their way. Not a moment too soon! And those tulips are beautiful. Don't see many of those around here, but I'm not complaining!

Susan said...

I am so amazed at people who can garden or keep any plants alive. No yard, but we have a deck and I am going to try to keep some plants alive this spring. If I manage to keep some flowers alive I may even try veggies.