2.11.2008

A Quick, Easy and Super Yummy Recipe

Last night I made the "Hearty Turkey Sandwich" (from Kraft Foods) for the second time. Boy! Is it ever good, filling and EASY!!!! I LOVE tasty and simple recipes and thought I would share it with all of you.


1 round loaf bread
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 package (9 oz.) shaved turkey breast
3/4 cup spinach leaves
1/2 of a medium onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut a 1/2-inch thick slice from top of bread loaf; remove center of loaf, leaving 1-inch-thick shell. 
Spread inside of bread shell and cut-side of top of loaf with mayo and mustard.
Fill bread shell with layers of turkey, spinach, onions and cheese; cover with top of bread loaf. Wrap in aluminum foil.
Bake 30 minutes* or until cheese is melted and sandwich is heated through. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into 4 wedges with serrated knife.

*I usually have to cook it longer, around 40 minutes.

Enjoy!!

3 tweets and twitters:

Susan said...

This sounds really yummy. I love spinach in sandwiches. I'll have to make this sometime soon.

Christy said...

Looks delicious, thanks for sharing!

Christy said...

Looks delicious, thanks for sharing!