1.12.2008

Today's Adventure

Today the girls and I headed down to CT's coast and met up with my brothers, my sister and her kids. We went to the U.S. Naval Submarine Base and watched Alvin and the Chipmunks movie. I wasn't overly impressed with the movie's previews so I was pleasantly surprised that it turned out to be pretty cute.


There is always something very special about going to the base theatre. Before the movie begins everyone is asked to stand while the National Anthem is played. During the Anthem a mini-movie plays on the screen of our Naval forces around the world. It gets me every time. My throat forms a lump that I have to swallow down as I think of our sailors and troops defending our country. Many thanks to them and to their families as they selflessly serve our country!


Rand & Kenners in the theatre

1 tweets and twitters:

Susan said...

Now that I have boys of my own, I can only imagine how hard it must be to let your kids go off to war. I don't know if I'm strong enough to ever face that situation. Many thanks to those who fight and their mothers at home who worry about them.