I grew up in a Christian home with parents who taught my sister and I to read our Bible, say our prayers and the importance of church attendance. As many of you know, our family moved around quite a bit. My parents didn't belong to any certain denomination and so each time we moved we "church shopped". You know, you go and visit the different churches to see what the Pastor is like and the types of programs they have to offer. When my sister and I were teenagers we went to a church 35 minutes away because they had such an amazing youth program. But I'm getting off track.....
When I was born, my parents were not regular church go-ers. I was "sprinkled" as an infant in a Methodist church. A short time later my mom came to the realization that attending church might be a good thing for the whole family. The search was on! We attended a Bible Chapel and I went to nursery school there as well. We moved to upstate New York and that was where my parents' faith became firmly grounded. We attended a Baptist church and the Pastor there was wonderful. My parents learned so many truths there and past them on to Erica and I. I was baptized at that church when I was about 6 years old. It was a "believer's" baptism and I had to testify in front of the congregation that I believed that Jesus was my Savior and sacrificed His life for me that I might be able to repent of my sins and have eternal life. 
Fast forward now to when we lived in Italy. We attended two different churches there. Sunday mornings we went to the Protestant service. In fact, the chaplain we had there is the chaplain that married DK and I many moons later. Sunday night's we went to the Assembly of God Servicemen Center. That was where we had our first introduction to a Pentecostal church. Still to this day I absolutely LOVE praise and worship songs. I have struggled over the years with the hymns I sing now at church. I always listen to Praise and Worship music on the way to and from church. But I digress.....while in Italy I was a pre-teen and decided to rededicate my life to the Lord and was baptized once again. This baptism took place in the Mediterranean Sea.
Fast forward once again to years later when I met a certain Naval Officer from Salt Lake City. This is how I was first introduced to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In October of 1995 my dear hubby baptized me a member.
So, dear readers, as you can see, I have been baptized 4 different times. I am forever grateful for many things:
To my wonderful parents who raised me to have a love of God and to follow His commandments and principles.
For the foundation they laid so I was prepared and ready to accept the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.
For their love and support as I joined the LDS church. They attended my baptism and have been involved with many different activities throughout the years.
I am grateful that when Rand turned 8 DK was able to baptize her a member. Kenners will be turning 8 next year and it will be another wonderful time to see members of my family in the baptismal waters.




3 tweets and twitters:
I love the title to this blog. Very catchy. Very interesting history too. Made me laugh and smile.
WOW, I was only baptized 2 times.
It sounds like your family really did set the ground work for your becoming a memeber of the LDS church. How did you get your chaplain from Italy to marry you and DK?
Post a Comment