1.12.2008

My Karate Kid

Rand started Karate lessons back in the summer. It is something she absolutely loves. Her favorite things about karate are kicking and punching the free standing kick bags. Um, I guess that's better than her kicking and punching her siblings!


She is currently an orange belt and well on her way to earning her purple! Rand has tried teaching me a thing or two about all she is learning. So far I am not impressing her with my karate skills. What's that scripture about how the little children shall lead them?

A month or so back Rand came in my room while I was doing my "girly" push ups. She looked at me and said, "What are you doing?" "Push ups," I responded. "THOSE are NOT push ups, Mom. THESE are push ups!" and she proceeded to demonstrate real push ups. "Sensei Ben only allows this type" I was informed. Well, that did it. I have now embarked upon the journey of real push ups. Sad to say I'm only up to 20 per day. Thanks Rand for pushing me in the right direction! Loves to you!!!!!!

Rand very focused in Front Position

Front Punch

Side view of a Full Nelson


2 tweets and twitters:

Susan said...

Rand you look so focused. I am really impressed with your karate skills. I think that's super of you to try and teach your mom a few things...like how to do a "real" push-up.

Robin, so proud of you. You're moving up in the work-out world. REAL push-ups! I bet your arms are looking more buff each day!

Erica said...

Nice chamber Rand! I'm impressed, soon you will pass me in rank. Good for you. Keep up the hard work.