1.14.2008

Snow Day and Good Neighbors

During the night a bunch of white fluffy stuff started falling from the sky. When I woke up this morning I called our school hotline to hear our Superintendent's recording: "Today is Monday, January 14th. There will be NO school today."  I SWEAR he sounded GLEEFUL as he uttered those words!!


Here's a bird's eye view of what our house looked like yesterday when the temperature was 45 degrees. Please ignore the leaves in the yard!!


This is what our house looks like today. Brrrr, cold!!!


I want to send an amazing THANK YOU to my fantastic neighbor, ML. She called up at 8 AM to see if my girls wanted to come out and play with her kiddo's. Of course they wanted to go and play! Well, it is now 3 PM and Rand is still over there playing! Thank you ML for taking my girls ALL day and for feeding them and for letting them run in and out of your house!! It felt like they went off to school for the day. I owe you big time....will a pan of brownies be okay? Kenners is running back to your house with a batch right now! :O)

4 tweets and twitters:

Susan said...

Holy Cow! (look at all those leaves...you lazy bum...) JUST KIDDING!!

I saw you called...will call back tomorrow. Although I guess today would have been a better time to talk since your gals were out playing in the snow all day. Ttyl!

KIM D said...

Yeah for the snow!! We FINALLY got a snow shovel & I put Chris to work breaking it in :) I LOVE your house! I also LOVE how you blog about randoms...they are the BEST!!

Camrie said...

What's that white stuff on the ground. It looks familiar, but I just can't put a finger on it. =]

Your niece in hot and dry Arizona,
Camrie

Rae said...

My dear wonderful niece.....I'm so glad you're reading my blog!!!! You need to come out to New England during the winter so you can experience a Nor-Easter. But then again, I guess I would have to come visit you in July to experience your crazy hot, HOT weather!!! :O)