1.16.2008

Be Prepared

At the beginning of this week we had a Nor' Easter, a storm that happens in the winter along the east coast which produces strong northeasterly winds and sometimes heavy snowfall and rainfall. Very interesting, huh? Well, the meteorologists are calling for another one Thursday into Friday. Now, as you see in the definition we can either have snow or rain. Rain = Good. Snow = Bad. Rain = School Day. Snow = No School. Catch my drift?


I haven't been to the grocery store in about two weeks. I DESPISE grocery shopping. I LOATHE spending money on food that will be consumed and then I must turn around and go buy it again. If I ever have the opportunity to create my own world there will be no such thing as eating. That way we don't have to spend money or time on food. (I also would not have hair in my world but that's a whole different story.....)

Off to the grocery store I went tonight so my family and I can be well prepared in case we get snowed or rained on. I carefully planned out meals this afternoon and tore through my recipes. I came home feeling quite proud of myself. Most times I get home from the grocery thinking, "What the heck did I get? I don't have ANYTHING to cook for dinner tonight!" Not tonight, my friends. Take a look at my load:

But we must not forget the most important items that needed to be purchased. We must have baby bottom wipes and night-time diapers so JK doesn't wake up in the morning soaked. And of course the infamous OJ (if you don't understand this take a minute and read my post about OJ). The diet coke is for me. I could not survive a storm without it. Oh wait, I can't get through ANY day without it!

For all my work at the grocery and for bringing all the bags in and for putting everything away I get a little treat:

Now my nuts are all stored for the winter...or at least for the next two weeks..........

3 tweets and twitters:

Susan said...

I'm proud of you Robin! (planning meals ahead of time...you are on your way to becoming a gourmet chef!) Glad to know you are all ready for that storm! I'll pray for rain, that way you don't go insane having your kids home (esp. after all you've been through with Kenna this past week or so. ;)

Anonymous said...

I also despise grocery shopping. Even though I have been planning meals for months now, the whole shopping thing just doesn't get any more fun. Oh well at least it is done. Now if only mine was...

Jen said...

I HATE grocery shopping for the same reasons you gave plus those nasty dirty carts...It's one of those never ending chores like laundry and dishes.