Growing up whenever my sister or I were sick my mom would buy us a "get better" present. It would be a little thing, nothing major but it always made us feel special. I remember getting books, a Barbie doll or some other little toy I was into at the time.
My little JK has been sick since Sunday evening. 103* fever, horrid headaches and his neck was super sore. Of course I began thinking the worse and had my son in his grave due to meningitis. Fortunately I have the most amazing pediatrician in the world (who is conveniently less than 2 miles down the road) and he squeezed JK into his busy schedule and assured me he was not dying but had a nasty virus.
And he was right. This morning JK woke up feeling so much better. He dressed himself, told me to brush his teeth and wash his face. He was ready to hit the town and procure his "get better" present. The problem is he wanted a $50 wii game. $50? For a "get better" present? Yikes! Talk about inflation!! After much negotiating my convincing son won and he has been happily playing his new game in between taking naps and drinking his "energy" juice (aka orange juice)!
{entertaining my sick little guy. he's pretty good at the spoon-hanging-on-your-nose thing}
I pray JK doesn't get sick again...I can't afford another "get better" present this year!






4 tweets and twitters:
Aww...kids sure know how to work their mommas, don't they? Of course, it's all worth it in the end! So happy to hear that he's been feeling better...love that picture!:)
"Cough cough"... I think I'm getting sick!
I remember getting a vanilla ice cream cone stuffed toy as a "get well gift" when we lived in Italy. Funny stuff!
Glad JK is on the mend. Allie was feeling better but is not doing well tonight. Another day off for her tomorrow.
Cute.
Post a Comment