The very first week of 2011 saw me back on my treadmill jogging the holiday jiggle off of my body...only to be foiled by my left foot pooping out hours after my workout. It started with a sharp pain on the outside of my foot that wrapped its way around the bottom and up to the back of my heel. As the day wore on I was only able to walk on that foot if I was up on my tiptoes. Not good.
The next morning I called the podiatrist here in town and was greatly relieved when he was able to squeeze me in that very day. After a set of x-rays and an evaluation he determined I have tendonitis. Not severe but enough to cause me problems.
The prescription:
-icing my foot 3-4 times a day for 10-15 minutes at a time
-wear shoes AT ALL TIMES (I do NOT like to wear shoes in my house!)
-take an anti-inflamatory (he gave me a prescription that my lovely insurance would not cover so I am taking generic Motrin)
-wear GOOD shoes. Bye-bye Uggs and say hello to my new Dansko shoes.
and
(these I chose because they were on sale. If I had been willing to pay full price I would have gone with this or this)
I am lovin' my Petrol Mary Janes!! They make me happy and more importantly my foot feels happy!
PS~My darling friend, Andy, usually has fabulous shoes to show every Tuesday. She's on vacation this week so I'm not positive if she will have anything today. Nevertheless, go check out her fun blog!!







4 tweets and twitters:
I'm sorry to hear about your foot!
However...those are some cute shoes! I love those Mary Janes. :-)
i heart danskos!!! urs r both cute!! yes, i even owned a white pair to wear to work when i worked at a laser vision correction center!
I love you're new shoes! They're so cute and fun!!!
Hi... I think we met once at one of Andie's parties (I'm her cousin), so I hope I am not too random for offering advice... but I have suffered through all sorts of bad foot conditions. The easiest way to ice my foot is to freeze a sports bottle of water. I pull it out when needed and stick it under my foot and roll it around while reading to kids etc. Also, there are some great orthodics (I know, not sexy sounding, but life saving). You can find them at:http://www.allegromedical.com/orthopedics-orthotics-c528/freedom-accomodator-p205894.html (I am posting the link so you can avoid the kinky sites that pop up if you google "accomodator".
Post a Comment