12.28.2010

Yoga Lessons

Yesterday I posted the following on my Facebook page:
Can I wait until the New Year to start eating right and exercising again?
Please say "Yes!!!"

Well, my friend Sarah responded with this:
"I've already started!
Got my first work-out in yesterday and about to hop on the elliptical now."

Great....that's just great. So I decided to go ahead and try out the Bob Harper's "Yoga for Warriors" DVD I purchased at the beginning of the month but hadn't gotten around to trying out yet.
I asked the girls if they wanted to do yoga with me.
I thought for sure they would both say yes. They both do yoga in school.
Rand has a teacher that starts out each class with yoga. She is now proficient in twisted dragon, eagle arms and legs, shark, downward dog, among many others.
Kenners' teacher does yoga with the class before they take a test to help with blood flow and brain power. (Maybe I would have been a genius in school if my teacher had used such techniques).
Anyway, both girls said no.
I was surprised...and a bit let down.
But I went ahead and did a bit of yoga by myself.
And it kicked my butt.
Who knew?
In January's Redbook, Ali Sweeney said that she does the same DVD and it kicks her butt too. I guess that makes me feel a little bit better!

Now I suppose I should lay off the Christmas treats and start back up on the treadmill and keep going with the yoga. But I have to tell you...these Salted Caramel-Pecan Bars are tempting the heck out of me. I might have to make them for New Year's Eve!

post signature

1 tweets and twitters:

{darlene} said...

{let's make it 100 followers, shall we!?}