10.04.2010

Hot Glue and a Dictionary

Yesterday, while watching Conference, I started working on a book wreath. It was super easy and a good way to keep my hands busy while listening to inspired words.
I went to The Dollar Tree and bought a 10" wreath form and a dictionary to rip apart.
Kenners snapped this, albeit, blurry pic while I was hard at work.
(Like my shirt? It says "Women for Linda")
Here's my progress after 2 hours of hot gluing and rolling up pages.
And here it is completed and hanging in my kitchen. Wouldn't it be fun to make a wreath for your kitchen using a recipe book? Hmmmmmmm.
I'm also thinking this might be a fun teacher gift idea. And for a total of $2 I think it might be the most unique and cost effective gift ever!

post signature

7 tweets and twitters:

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Awesome wreath! I've got a Dollar Tree wreath I bought a couple of months ago and never got around to doing anything with. Maybe I'll finally turn it into something pretty! I love yours!

Pedaling said...

super cute!
and it fits perfectly in that spot.

zakkalife said...

Your wreath looks great, it's got that whole Pottery Barn vibe going on.

Carry Grace said...

Gotta like a good Dollar Tree project! Very cute.

Melanee said...

So ADORABLE! Funny, because my friend Avey and I are going to make something like this too. I haven't decided whether to poetry, maps, or musical paper. Isn't it so great as a mother, to actually complete a project? We have so many things we do, like laundry, and meals, and errands that become invisible the next day. Important things, yes. But to actually create something is fulfilling. I think that's why women create, in many regards. To have something we can SEE more immediately. Love it, and am so proud of you.

Christi said...

It looks great! I like how it compliments your old skool phone.

Merand said...

So cool! I love it! I might have to try my hand at it...Although I don't know that I have the patience to spend all that time gluing and rolling. It looks fabulous in your kitchen!!!