This picture has absolutely nothing to do with my living room! But the flowers are so pretty I wanted to share! Yesterday a friend popped over to pick up a DVD we made of the 2010 Boy Scout Jamboree that we recorded off of BYU TV.

She brought these beautiful hydrangeas from her garden as a thank you. They make me so happy. It really is the small things in life that brings such joy!
Now, moving on to my living room...I finished painting it almost two weeks ago but have yet to post any pictures because it's not finished! I haven't hung new curtains (haven't even bought any yet!) or rehung pictures or completely decided what is coming back into the room. But I thought I should at least post pictures as to where I am at this moment in time. It is definitely a different look for me but I really am enjoying the simplicity and toned down-ness this change has brought. I'm trying to keep the spirit of the house that inspired me and to take it slow and make smart choices.The view from the front door. DK likes the rug we have but this is where I want to put the infamous steer hide rug.
I'm sewing new pillows. Here is one that is complete.
My flint wall that I still adore!
Still need to figure out curtains. Once I do I will be replacing the curtains on the slider so there is a cohesive look with all the windows.
...but this starfish and sea urchin have special memories attached to them.
An up close and personal look at my front door's new rug.
My mom found it at TJ Maxx for $4!!!! How I love a deal!
My poor little guy has caught a stomach bug or is just plain fed up with this disgusting heat wave and overly hot summer. Either way he has been hanging his head over the "throw up" bowl and I have put all thoughts of decorating aside while I nurse him back to health...and constantly wash my hands and all other surfaces he comes into contact with!!
















8 tweets and twitters:
Hydrangeas, my favorite flower!
Love the new paint and look.
I couldn't link to the steer hide rug, but in my mind i think it would be perfect and a nice warm effect for the room.
looking forward to seeing the room progress.
Hope your boy feels better real soon!
oh, and $4 for that entry run---dang that is some good shopping!
I so love hydrangeas! The living room is looking good. It's hard to believe that its your house...so little in vibrant color but I do like it. It's just a definite change! But change is good, right? One sure thing, the color of the walls really makes the fireplace pop now.
The colors turned out great! I really like where you are going with this.
I like your living room everything about it is beautiful. Guess I can find some wonderful inspiration in your blog.
LOVE LOVE LOVE the flowers!
And am still in suspense over your transformation. I've known you to be so bold with color, that this new "look" (for you) has me perplexed. I trust your vision. Can't wait to see it all.
I love the steer hide rug but what a price tag attached to that one!!
Hey you may have to look at our fireplace build/surround to get some other ideas...we also had the rustic brick and then afte our big redo, we started to hate it...hubby wouldn't let me just paint it whit or cream so we compromised and $300 later we have something we LOVE!!
It looks GRREAT!! The only thing I would do is to give away that polka dot lamp in the kitchen (hahahaha). Love it all as usual you are so talented.
Those are completely very beautiful decorations. I'm planning to re arrange my living room and I want to decorate it like the on in the picture.
Post a Comment