I have not seen much of my hubby in the past few weeks. Either he's been away on business trips or he is busy campaigning ('tis the season!). I am an early riser and DK is a night owl. When he leaves for work in the morning I jokingly say, "See ya in the morning!" It's not a far stretch of the truth. Generally speaking, like tonight, I will be in bed fast asleep before he even gets home!
Yesterday was such a special treat. The girls and DK had the day off from school and work (Columbus Day for those of you who may not have realized) and we went for a drive to ooh and ahh at the beautiful fall foliage. During the drive DK leaned over, took my hand and said, "You have made such a happy life for us." I found this to be so touching and took it as a huge compliment. I strive each and every day to make our home, our little world, a happy and safe place. A refuge from the world. Some days are so crazy that I think I have not succeeded. It was such a nice affirmation to hear those words from my husband. I teasingly responded, "Thanks for financing our happy little world!"
This morning when DK was leaving for work I felt a deep sense of gratitude for all that he does for our family as well as for others. He is an honest and hard working man. I cannot imagine sharing my life with anyone else.


Tucson, AZ ~ Pinnacle Peak





8 tweets and twitters:
How sweet!
sandy toe
Isn't it amazing how a little gratitude can keep us going for months.
You go girl. You are doing something right.
How sweet.
Sounds like you two have a good thing going!
Aw, what a good guy.
And great picture of you two!
Awww! So sweet!
No Way! Did you know that I grew up there, and when you and I first "met" online Tucson was my home! If only your little AZ trip had been one year earlier!
Of course, we do actually live closer to each other now! maybe someday!
Very sweet, very nice post... But more important is my question!
Where did you get that fricking super cute bag?
I want one!
Post a Comment