8.16.2009

Barn Raising

Yesterday we took the family to see an old fashioned barn raising...or so we thought! When we arrived we saw a huge ol', I mean modern, crane doing all of the heavy work. Poof went my Little House on the Prairie image! Nonetheless we had a really fun time.

The original barn was built in the 1700's with an addition made in the 1800's. They are now adding on a new wing to the existing barn and renting the whole thing to an Arts Academy. To raise funds they advertised the barn raising and had different arts, crafts and whatnot's to do while there.

DK couldn't resist having our picture taken.
I couldn't keep a straight face! The photographer told me to look over at my hubby and when I did he snapped the photo. It looks like I am completely head-over-heels for my strict, straight laced husband. Hmmmm, not too far from the truth!

post signature

8 tweets and twitters:

Natalie said...

HA HA!!!! That is a GREAT picture! It's cracking me up!:)

duchess said...

Sounds like a fun day.
Don't they all wish we'd look at them like that 24/7? Yea, right.
Enjoy your Monday.

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Unknown said...

That picture is HILLARIOUS!

Shawn said...

Heh, heh....you guys are the cutest!

Fifi Flowers said...

CUTE photo! How are you? Hope everything is GREAT!
ENJOY!
Fifi

Rebecca @ Belle Blog said...

I love those funny things. That is such a cute photo. Too bad the barn raising wasn't quite what you had thought...glad you had fun anyway!!
♥ Rebecca

Melanee said...

Oh my gosh, this picture IS priceless, and your final comment is hilarious! Love it, love it, love it.