7.08.2009

Sweat + Frizz

This week a friend and I have started going to the gym to workout. So far so good. Today I went to my first spinning class in 3 years. Needless to say my butt is SoRe!!! As usual I sweated up a storm and after the class I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I looked sort of like this:

Sweat pouring
Hair frizzed out beyond belief
Not exactly an attractive sight

I then looked across the gym and saw a girl (who I know somehow, somewhere but can't figure out what/where/when/how) who looked like this:

Life is completely unfair!

13 tweets and twitters:

Kristen said...

you are so funny. I love the exageration on the pictures. Lets focus on picture #2. We will get there.

Susan said...

I'm excited for you! You can do it!! You'll look like that second picture in no time, seriously. when you put your mind to something you are amazing! (and even when you don't put your mind to it, you're still amazing!)

Tara said...

LOL!! Stop it!! you're killin' me! i haven't been to the gym in 6 1/2 years! i've been working out at home...and starting to think I MIGHT want to go back...but just not sure yet. i used to run a women's health and personal training club and being there 40 hours a week made ME HATE GYMS....so...maybe it's time to break the butt back into the cycle seat.......idk....that hurts like heck!

April said...

My hair frizzes like crazy when I work out, too! You're right...it AIN'T FAIR! :)

Anonymous said...

Good job! I so need to get to one but I need to join one first!

Jo said...

Great job going to the gym ~ I've seen the inside of one in a few years! :) I look the girl in the first picture ~ if only I could aspire to be the second one.

Jo

Lorie said...

Minus the friz (because my hair is STICK STRAIT) I am right there with you.

Lorie said...

Except my face is always about 10 shades redder than that!!

Amy said...

You're so funny, and way too hard on yourself.

Pedaling said...

okay, this is exactly how i feel each and every day i am at the gym...that is so me
and the skinny is that somebody, i know somehow.

you got me on this one....i can so relate!

Carry Grace said...

I feel your pain!

Lisa said...

I am an ugly sweater, too. I get a beet-red face to go with the look, too. All for a good cause, though. Glad its going well for you.

Kelly said...

No way. You're hot stuff, so I know it was an optical illusion. But this made me laugh nonetheless.