6.30.2009

Boob Tube

"About one-quarter of American children between the ages of two and five have a TV in their room."

-Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser

You'll never guess what my sweet 3 year old boy said to me last night as I was getting him ready for bed. "I don't have a TB (that is how he says TV) in my room."

Yikes! It starts so young...which the advertising companies know oh so well!!

post signature

10 tweets and twitters:

Pedaling said...

right now all our tv's are shut down, again.
none of my kids have ever had tv's int their rooms.

but, he's so cute, it'd be hard not to give in. :)

duchess said...

Too cute.
Hope you're having a great Tuesday.

April said...

In my opinion, TVs in a kids' room is never a good idea...they'd be up all night! Oh, the very thought! Have a great day!

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Yikes! I can't believe that parents would actually allow TVs to be in their child's room! I mean...we do watch our fair share of movies...together as a family. We own two TVs- one is in the family room and the other is in the basement which we watch when we're exercising.

Anonymous said...

Don't give in to the madness. I just got the Tv's out of my kids room. It was a battle with them but my husband was even worse when I took the one out of our room.

Melanee said...

Cute picture and comment by your baby boy... I can't believe that many children have televisions in their bedrooms. That's crazy. And sad. I told Hugh recently that the last thing I wanted was for my girls to marry boys that spent their lives in front of video games and television.

"I played video games," he said.

"What? You mean I am married to a guy who played video games? Me?"

"I played Smurf, Mel," lol.

Love you.

Shawn said...

My son at nine keeps asking when he gets a TV in his room---yeah, right---never!

Kristen said...

TV in rooms - not even close. No way, no how, never. We don't even have one in our bedroom!

Our Complete Family said...

Oh boy~ Bryce has asked me for one, too, but I put my foot down on that one!!!
Wanted to wish you and your sweet family a very happy and festive 4th of July Rae!
Many happy hugs~ Les

Live Simply Mommy said...

I have fought this fight for 9 years... "But MOM... everyone has one!" No way, Jose! I'd never see them again.