4.22.2009

All is Well

It has been over a week since I last posted. The girls were home on Spring Break and we had a wonderful time. I was planning on posting about all the great things we did but instead I have a different story to tell today.

I was jolted out of bed this morning when the phone started ringing at 5:45 (yes, I was being lazy and was not up at 5:15 as usual). It was my mother calling from a hotel. At 2:30 this morning a car hit my parents house. The driver has no major injuries and no one else was hurt....unless you count my parents house. The town fire chief called an inspector to come out and take a look at the damage. It was determined that the house's foundation had been compromised and the house is not safe.

For those of you who know my mother and me well you know how much we love to rearrange and redecorate our homes. Well, two weeks ago my mom decided to move into a different bedroom. Their old bedroom was the room that was hit by the car. The Lord's hand is in all things. 

My mom summed up the whole situation by saying, "You know, Rae, I've been wanting to replace the carpet in that room. Looks like that will be happening after all."

There's always a silver lining!

post signature

23 tweets and twitters:

Lisa said...

I imagine that'd wake you up in a hurry! So glad they are ok.

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh my goodness....that is crazy!!!

Glad everyone is ok...she seems like a positive woman!
sandy toe

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Oh My Goodness! I'm glad to hear your parents are okay! What a crazy thing to have happen. What a positive lady your mom is!

Ellen said...

Oh, my...I'm so happy to hear your parents are OK! You are absolutely right — the Lord was certainly watching over them!

Natalie said...

Oh, my!! I'm so glad they're all ok... what a blessing!... still scary, though!

Unknown said...

Oh no! I am so glad that your mom was not in harms way.

I love her attitude!

April said...

You've got to be kiddding, Rae! That's the kind of stuff you see on TV, but never in "real life"! There is no doubt that God was watching over your parents, especially with them having just moved out of the bedroom that got hit! Thank goodness they're alright! I just hate getting phone calls in the early morning hours...it's usually never good news.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about the accident. Thanks to the Lord they're OK :-).

Anonymous said...

Wow!! What a scare! Glad to know that they are okay and that your mom will be able to replace her carpet. Thank the Lord for protecting them!

Lisa said...

I am so glad they are okay. How scary! I remember that happening on a busy street in my neighborhood when I was a kid. And guess what?! It happened to my cousin's house, too. Crazy that people can be that drunk and DRIVE!

I am nosey and tried to find the story online since you said it was on the news. But can't.

I'll take water damage over a house knocked off it's foundation. All the best to a quick return to "normal" for them!!

Merand said...

WOW!!! I guess we can only give thanks to God, right? I'm so glad they're okay and no one was hurt. I hope they're able to get back into their house soon. I know how much your mom will not like being out of her house.

Carry Grace said...

Wow, I'm glad she okay. Your mom sounds like a nice lady.

nanamoo said...

What a blessing that your parents have been protected!

Kristen said...

Glad your parents are ok!

Lillian J. Banks said...

WOW- thanks for sharing!

Karin said...

That's just nuts! After I saw your fb update, I googled the story. When I saw the age of the driver and the time, I totally figured the BAC was on the high end. So glad no one was hurt.

Traci said...

i think i saw the story on tv today! so glad to hear they are ok!
i am with you still needing to post about spring break!

diane said...

Wow and wow! I'm glad no one was hurt. I love your mom's attitude.

Brandi said...

I'm so glad that God was watching out for your mom and dad! God is good!

Kristen said...

!!!! Glad to hear she is ok! That is just crazy!

Anonymous said...

oh my word! glad no one was hurt. crazy how things like that happen and you can clearly see how God is involved!

baby doll dress said...

Im glad your parents are well, cant say the same about the house.
But in the other hand now the insurance can pay for some of the new carpet.
This post reminded me of that episode of Everybody love Ramon, when Ramon mom and dad crashed the car into Ramon's home.
Look it up in you-tube, you will fall out of your chair with laughter!

Tara said...

Oh my gosh! crazy huh?? that happened to my neighbors house when were kids...i saw it too....