The weather has not been exactly balmy around here.
Ice.
Snow.
I'm sure this poor butterfly wishes he could escape.
So do I.
I tried to convince DK on taking an impromptu trip to Hawaii next month. A close friend of ours (from our Navy days) is taking command of his first submarine and has invited us to the change-of-command. The ceremony happens to take place on February 13th...sounds like a fabulous time to take a trip to Paradise.
Sadly we will be staying home with the ice. And the snow. And the yuck.
But there is always a silver lining, right? We will be going to see Jersey Boys February 11th. Every year a law firm DK works with invites us to a sumptuous before-show dinner, the show and a champagne reception afterwards where we get to meet the members of the cast.
Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we'll have no problems getting there!






19 tweets and twitters:
Maybe you could wear and a Hawaii print shirt to the dinner and the show and pretend you are in Hawaii!
Maybe? No?
Sorry!
I'd like Hawaii too!
good try anyway on the hawaii trip.
but, jersy boys- i have been wanting to see. make sure you let us all know how it is. and the vip treatment sounds rockalicious!
I'm shivering just looking at that poor butterfly.
The trip sounded like a good idea. Sorry he didn't go for it.
Here's to hot chocolate & warm blankets. Hope your week gets off to a warmer start.
BBBRRR!! It looks so cold. I love the photo!
I'd love to go to Hawaii, but I'm too scared to fly...lol.
I've never heard of the Jersey Boys, but I clicked on your link and that looks like a blast!!! I love oldies...Remember our Halloween? We had those songs pumping out of that mini van like nobody's business! haha.
I wish we could get just one snow and then I'm so ready for Spring. I hate the cold, but one beautiful white snow is always nice and fun for the kids. Snow, not ice!
Hawaii would be so nice right now. I agree! I am kind of getting tired of the cold weather too. I am sorry that you guys can't go.
The shows sounds like a lot of fun!
Count me in on the whole Hawaii idea! Would you believe that my mother-in-law and brother-in-law are going on a 14-day Hawaiian cruise in March??? Not fair, I say!!!
We've had a very mild winter here in Atlanta. I could definitely use some snow...for a little while. I don't want any ice, though...no thanks!
Sounds like you and your hubby have a fun evening planned with the Jersey Boys! Hope it's a night to remember!
It does sound like the perfect time...you could be there for Valentine's Day!
Yes, there is always a silver lining...sounds like a fun night!
-sandy toe
p.s. stop over to my giveaway!
I'm so jealous! I want to see Jersey Boys so badly AND I want to go to Hawaii!
We're having yucky weather too. I don't mind it so much in January, but when it's still snowing in March/April/May, I get a little grumpy.
How great to have something fun to look forward to!
How're you doing on your spending? ;)
Hawaii sounds amazing right now! Last year we got to go to Disney World. That was so refreshing in January. Staying in Kansas as far as I know this winter :(
Oh me too. Six years ago we took a trip to Jamaica in March. We boarded that plane and left ice and snow behind. So every year around this time I feel so sorry for myself.
I am with you on this not so nice weather, and it's only suppose to get worse too- temps that is! Makes you just want to curl up in a big warm fuzzy blanket with hot cocoa and never leave the house!!!
I would go anywhere, just anywhere that is warmer, please!
Really? He wouldn't go? Maybe next time! Your night out will be fun though!
Hawaii sounds like a dream vacation right now...maybe because the only way I'm going there in the near future is in my dreams! Ha!
~ Sarah
Hi Robin! I just popped in to say hello, and tell you that I've given Hugh my own well-developed pitch for Hawaii, or even some luxurious cruise, to no avail. What is it with these brothers? If I suggested Hugh go down to the car dealership, now that would be a different story! Seriously, it would!!!
Enjoy Jersey Boys and your wonderful husband. :)
Love you~
Mel
Bummer about Hawaii - I'll got with you! :)
It wouldve been fun to go to the big island, but you guys will have an awesome time seeing Jersey Boys and dinner to boot? FUN! The champaigne will keep you warm and you'll forget how cold it is!!! ;)
Post a Comment