My baby is getting so big! I am currently scheduling tours and attending open houses at different preschools for this coming fall. Where has the time gone?
JK playing with wooden trucks made by Grandpa PK
During dinner last night the girls and I had a very interesting conversation about dogs and babies. Before finding out we were pregnant with JK the girls (especially Rand) decided we should get a dog. Rand was crushed when she found out she was getting a baby brother instead of a precious puppy. During dinner the girls were talking about different types of dogs and what would work best with our family. When I asked them if mommy and daddy should have another baby they overwhelmingly said, "NO!" They went on to explain that I (not DK and I...just me) have 3 children to take care of already. "That's plenty!!! We're so much work, Mom!"
Truthfully, I'd rather go through another high risk pregnancy, get fat, give birth, recover, nurse, go through the endless sleepless nights, co-sleep for years on end, etc., etc. than get a dog. But then again, that's just me!





25 tweets and twitters:
there is hard and easy, good and bad to both.
babies first, yes.
but the good thing about dogs is that you can just stick them in the backyard and forget about them for awhile.
Oh...I am not sure about that but I think I may be with you..a baby seems better than a puppy..they don't wear diapers1
-sandy toe
I am SO with you on this one! You know it!! I can hardly believe that your little guy is going to pre-school this coming fall. WOW!
Oh boy...that's funny!
I think I'd have to agree with your kids... I honestly don't want to go through pg again (and the depression)...although I already have three dogs!
Oh, that's funny!! We're so much work, Mom! I have a dog and 2 cats. Cats are less work. The only thing I don't like is the HAIR!! My first dog didn't shed so that was nice. But, once ya get them you fall in love and then they got ya for life. Good luck.
Puppies are so cute...but I do not want to scoop up poop and clean up dog messes. No way!!
I hear you on scoping out preschools. I think I've found a good one for Handsome for the fall, but I still worry about it.
~ Sarah
That's really too bad, b/c I have a few to spare and I was saving one just for you! LOL.
Awww... I know they grow up so fast! I hope you find an appropriate daycare.
Can't say I blame you about the dog. We have 3 cats in the house and even though I love them royally, I get so tired sometimes of cleaning up after them. At least with a child they learn to use the potty eventually. :o)
Grrr, I'm going through this as well. The whole family is ganging up on me. It's so easy for them to want one - when you know who would be taking care of it, cleaning up after it, and finding a babysitter for it when we want to go somewhere! Even my husband is against me. Hold your ground RAE and I will too!
I totally agree. Babies don't pee on the floor. Well, not often.
Oooohhh, I so agree. I am not animal person. I like dogs if they don't with me!
Amen! We tried the whole dog thing... it lasted all of 7 days. That is one mistake I will never make again! We keep getting criticized for not "giving the kids the experience". I say if they're that bothered by it down the road "I've got great insurance that I pay a huge amount of $ for and it covers therapy"!
You mean we're not the only family that co-sleeps years on end?
You have no idea how happy (and near normal) you just made me!
I have to cast put my vote in for another baby. And when you look at the long haul side of it, granddogs aren't that much fun.
My dog just threw up her breakfast on my beautiful front room rug. And as sick as I am of this looong high risk pregnancy. I think you're right on track with your theory. Bleh!
Oh, give me a sweet puppy any day.
They turn out to be better listeners.
Have a great weekend.
Ummmm....
Let me change my reply...
I think I'd run away screaming!!!!! no dogs...and no more babies for me!
Dear Rae:
Just to let you know....I can bring a little dog for you family when I come for the birth...We acquired her---through fault of our own (Nat says we have a sign on our backs) from friends that moved to Utah and couldn't take her with them. Her name is "Girl" and she is a sweet dog...By the way, she is wearing a diaper....has an appountment with the Vet next Thursday....Blah, Blah..Blah...
Lol
Nat's Mom
Well, my hubby had his "tubes tied" after Abby came along...no more babies for us! A puppy is the only way to go these day for me! Until, I become a grandma, of course...then, it all changes and I'm mush, once more!
Dogs are good companions, but very hard if you already have 3 kids. I got mine before having my first, and even though it was hard it was worth it!!
Girl, I tried the puppy thing with Bryce when Jas was deployed downrange and it lasted one weekend before I realized I didn't know what in the heck I was doing! Then, Jas came home and 9 1/2 months later we had Caroline! Bryce is in your kids' boat! They'll be o.k. though!!! ;)
Hmm, that's a tough one for me!
I had 7 pregnancies and each one got a little worse.
Dogs, we've had 3 since we've been married. Luckily, my DH takes care of them.
So I had the kids and took care of them, he has the dogs and takes care of them!
Your kids sound like my 2nd child-she did NOT want another child! LOL and she got 3 more!
let me clear that up...she did not have the children, I DID!
let me clear that up...she did not have the children, I DID!
Post a Comment