I cannot believe Christmas is two days past! The time has flown by with rapid speed. We had a wonderful day spent with family and friends and of course eating way too much food!
I am in the process of undecorating and minimalizing my decor for the New Year. I absolutely love this time of year! I am a minimalist at heart so I adore putting things away and basking in the pure simplicity of my pared down surroundings. I am also busy making my New Year's resolutions and thinking of the different things I need to change or tweak in my life. The list is getting quite long!
My biggest challenge for the New Year is training for and running a half marathon in May. My sister ran her first this past November and it totally inspired me to join the 13.1 ranks. I'll let you know if I make it out alive!
I also love to read and this is the time of year I spend every unscheduled minute curled up with a book. Growing up I always received books at Christmastime and would read the cold winter months away. That habit has stayed with me and I have a stack of books ready to go! In fact, I'm off to read a book and eat a bowl of peppermint ice cream. I'll start the diet tomorrow!





27 tweets and twitters:
Sounds like great plans for the New Year! Enjoy your book and your breakfast - ice cream!?! I like that!
I am with you... currently I'm trying to fight the urge to do a serious tear down of decorations and cleaning (trying to wait for everyone to get back to school/work). Congratulations on training for the 1/2. I have fallen away from running & am feeling a pull to get back to it. It is such a great feeling to train for and succeed (by finishing) in an event. Best wishes for great training!!!
Good luck training for the marathon! What a great goal.
I will have to check out your Goodreads. Since reading the Twilight series, I have picked up the reading bug and always need a book to read. I used to never be like this.
Have fun at the movies too! My tykes want to see Marley too.
Yay for a fresh stack of books to plow through!
Hi Rae,
First of all, I am totally impressed that you plan to do a half marathon! You go, girl! I didn't know you were a runner! I've won several 5K's for my age division, but have never run anywhere close to a half marathon. So, I think that's so awesome! You CAN do it!!!
Glad to hear you had a nice Christmas. We did, too! I'll be posting about it soon! Have a wonderful Sunday evening!
you go girl on that 1/2 marathon! you will enjoy having that goal and a reason to train! I'll be cheering you on any way i can!
I think every time I come here I want to be doing what you are doing!! :-) I put away one little feather tree and am itching to go much further. Clutter bothers me and I can't wait to get back to simple. I used to read this time of year, too and would love to curl up with a bowl of ice cream and a great book! Of course, then I'd HAVE to start training for a marathon! You go girl!! Half or whole - it's awesome!
wow-a half marathon, I was thinking of starting running when it's warmer to do a 5 K since there is no baby in the near future.
I am so glad that you had a nice Christmas. Good luck with training for the half marathon. I admire anyone that can get out there and run.
That is awesome that your training for a marathon. This winter weather in Utah is killing me, I'm really missing my morning walks. I'm with ya on the diet thing, I'll be starting mine tommorow too!
I love to get my house picked up and parred down too. But I will do it next week...
Running a marathon?? Very cool! I am a reader, never did a marathon. Can't wait to hear about how you train for that!
So glad you had a wonderful Christmas, and you sound ready to go for 2009. I must get back to steady exercise in general. I too like cleaning, preparing for a new year, making things simpler, and just getting back to some basics. Those are a few of the things I am looking forward to this coming year. And I have a stack of books I am working my way through. Have a wonderful week. Jackie
I don't know what I'd do without books!! Maybe I should think about paring down too. Good idea. Good luck with your training--it's very admirable.
i have about 4 books that are just begging me to read them right now. i just don't know which one i want to read first!! i do plan on taking them with me on my trip in january though.
ashley
My minimalistic tendencies keep me from truly enjoying the holiday decorations I put up. I only do it because my girls beg and beg. Good luck with the training!
Okay....WOW! I'm impressed with the whole marathon thing! I wish that I could run just a block in my neighborhood! Good for you girl! Keep us posted!
I have a few books that I will be reading too! I have been sitting right in front of the fireplace practically all evening...I go from reading, to paying bills, to blogging. It's been a great relaxing evening. Well...except for paying the bills part. lol!
Enjoy your evening!
I'm starting the un-decking of the halls today & am so ready for it to be done.
I thought of you yesterday while at my cousin's for our Christmas gathering - her tree was topped in an explosion of peacock feathers.:)
Have a great Monday.
Peppermint ice cream..yum!
-sandy toe
Good for you (with the ice cream). Life's too short to worry too much about diets! (Although I'll be joining your get healthy quest after March. :)
I love Christmas but I love the fresh feeling of putting everything away and having a pared down house too. I'm itching to get the tree down although I know I'll miss it. But oh, the space!
I love getting books for Christmas and curling up with them and a blanket. I don't know that I've ever made a real new year's resolution. I should... maybe this year.
Don't get me wrong, I love my Christmas decorations but there is something so refreshing to have my house back in order and all the decorations neatly put away after all the chaos of Christmas ends. I'm finished for another year.
I am so jealous that your house is back to normal. No more colored, glittery stuff that is getting all over everywhere!!!
I am jealous of the reading. i love to read. I LOVE IT! This stupid headache is putting a cramp in my reading lifestyle.
I can't really focus on the words-so I just skip it all together. CRAPPY HEADACHE!!!
Just be like me-forget the word diet-just go for trying to feel better. If eating peppermint ice cream happens to fall into that category-than so be it. Just look at it being your little helper to be a better person. Sugar=happy mom and wife!!! Glad that your christmas was great!! Post some pics of your home undecored-I love to get some ideas from others. You always have such fun ideas with your home!
I am so jealous that your house is back to normal. No more colored, glittery stuff that is getting all over everywhere!!!
I am jealous of the reading. i love to read. I LOVE IT! This stupid headache is putting a cramp in my reading lifestyle.
I can't really focus on the words-so I just skip it all together. CRAPPY HEADACHE!!!
Just be like me-forget the word diet-just go for trying to feel better. If eating peppermint ice cream happens to fall into that category-than so be it. Just look at it being your little helper to be a better person. Sugar=happy mom and wife!!! Glad that your christmas was great!! Post some pics of your home undecored-I love to get some ideas from others. You always have such fun ideas with your home!
A marathon? You ROCK!
Peppermint ice cream and a good book in the winter? An awesome time, I agree!
Happy day wishes~ Les
WTG on training for a half marathon - that's awesome!
What are you reading? Any good suggestions?
I love to read as well.
Although recently all I do is Blog! LOL!
Have a wonderful and blessed New Year! :)
I bet it feels good to have Christmas stuff put away! I could use some help with ours! I just don't have the energy yet, and the tree isn't dead yet, which is usually the big motivator, when you start stepping on pine needles in the carpet!
Post a Comment