12.01.2008

O Tannenbaum Thou Art Skinny!

The East Coast Evans Family has a tradition of decorating the Christmas tree on the first Monday of December. With today being the 1st it came very EARLY this year!

Looking back over the years, DK and I have had notoriously BIG fights when it comes to the Christmas tree. After being married for 13 1/2 years we now have the tree business down to a T and hardly say one mean word to each other! Unfortunately, I have a feeling we're in for another knock-em-down-drag-em-out fight. I absolutely HATE our tree this year! We've had the slim tree since it first came out (remember how revolutionary it was 10 years ago?). When I saw it this year all I could think was "Ick! It is so time to get a new tree. I must have one of those artificial trees that look and feel real AND is pre-lit!!" (ours isn't) I'm going to suffer for this year but will most assuredly be looking for a new tree after Christmas when they're marked down!!
The girls requested Peanut Blossom cookies to munch on
while we got down to business and decorated the tree

My two guys hanging ornaments together

All decorated (kid version)
I will be re-arranging the ornaments later tonight!
I also need to vacuum the "pine" needles off the floor and drape
my oh-so-wonderful purple peacock tree skirt around the base!
How I love my tree skirt!!!
(not pictured)

Happy tree trimming to all!

post signature

24 tweets and twitters:

Scrapper Mom said...

The "special" tree is the slim tree. You could just do like me, buy another and put up BOTH!! lol. Let the girls do one and the guys do the other!! lol.

By the way...yum. I love those kind of cookies. Congrats on your bargains! I love seeing you on Facebook! :)

cherry said...

It is beautiful...I love to see them all lit up at night! I know what you mean about finding the perfect tree..I have not had one for 5 years that I have been satif. with..since moving here where it is all pine. We like to go get ours and cut it down. This year I don't care how far I travel...we are getting a fir!!! cherry

Lisa said...

I need a skinny tree! Don wants a second one and there really isn't room. We purchased our "real" fake tree 3 years ago from Costco and I love it!!!

Yours looks beautiful! I am in need of a new topper. Any suggestions of where to go. We're going on 2 years of topless. :(

Tara said...

What? your tree is beautiful!! the star is gorgeous and i want to see the tree skirt!

Ashley said...

i wanna see that tree skirt!!

heather said...

So my tree adventures will be posted tomorrow. Lets just say that my tree makes your tree look like it should try a treadmill and a low cal diet.

Unknown said...

I think it looks great!

diane said...

I need some inspiration. The tree is up but naked at my house. The wedding is my primary focus right now.

Jenni said...

Hi Rae~
I think your tree looks really pretty! I understand a little of how you feel, though; I am STILL looking for a tree as perfect as the tree we found our first Christmas married, 12 years ago! Maybe it could be a little taller now, but oh, it was SO perfect! We go to the tree farm every year, but the trees are different every year, due to weather, etc. You kind of get what you get and don't throw a fit...

Okay that was rambling, but what I mean to say is, I hope you find the *perfect* tree for next Christmas! :)

Have a good night! :)

Anonymous said...

Your tree is so pretty! We had to slim down a few years ago and gave away our big fat fake tree. Now we have a new house and the old tree would have fit perfect. But I like the one we have now too. It's not quite as slim as yours but is prelit. That is a must have! I hope you find a good deal on one you like better.

Em said...

I like your tree although I know what your talking about! Mine is about 10 years old and not fat and full like the new ones and also not pre-lit (got scratches all over my hands to prove that one!) I will live with it until it falls apart though because I have no funds to get a new one :)

April said...

I think your tree is beautiful, Rae! I actually wish I had a skinny one like you...it's so easy to find the perfect spot for them. Mine, on the other hand, takes up half the room! I think your kids did a superb job of decorating it! Of course, there have been times when I've had to rearrange the decorations, too! :)

Have a great Tuesday, friend!!!

Lisa said...

I think it looks beautiful. The nice thing is, it doesn't take up too much room...

Amy said...

We may very well be having the same fight. We always buy real. This year it is 14 feet tall and took several hours just to get standing. Now it's leaning and I can't handle it, but I feel bad saying something.

Shell in your Pocket said...

This is the first year,I didn't have to rearrange the ornaments after they went to bed. They are getting older and better! It's good and sad!!!
-sandy toes
Love the pictures!!! Those cookies look super yummy!

duchess said...

Oh, I love your skinny tree.
It looks beautiful.
(We have that same E - it's in my kitchen.)

Natalie said...

I do LOVE your tree skirt! That is such a cute picture of DK and JK... and the cookies look delicious!

Kacey said...

Love the peacock feathers! I just bought the Kylie Peacock bedding from Pottery Barn for my bedroom re-do. Its a work in progress but I love the duvet! Your Christmas tree skirt is so pretty and I love the feather on the tree!

Oh - and I rearrange my ornaments until it makes me crazy...or my husband crazy. Ha! Ha!

Daphine said...

I love the skinny tree! It's really beautiful!!!

Merand said...

Just hang in there! Knowing you, you will score a perfect tree for a magnificent price at the end of the season. Until then, enjoy!

Jo said...

Sorry, once again I'm the odd man out. I love the fat tall tree. Each year I set my sight on a tree that is at least three times too big for our home. I give in and we bring home a tree that is actually just right for our home. It always ends in me pouting ~ really, you think I could act a little more mature in front of our children! : )

With all that said, a tree of any size always looks lovely all a glow at night.

Jo

Elise said...

I used to love big, fat trees and then out of necessity in our old home got a skinny tree. It looks so sick in our new home. My armoire is bigger than the tree-poor thing!!
Your tree is beautiful, though.
Elise

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I love your skinny tree! However, a couple of years ago, I bought a new one...a GE "Just Cut" pre-lit tree and I <3 it so much!!!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

That was supposed to be a heart (<3). It doesn't work on blogger, but if you try it on Facebook it shows up as a heart. *sigh*