12.07.2008

Get a Clue

After a wonderful morning at church and a fabulous day visiting with friends we came home and played Clue! Tonight I sat down with my darlings and taught them how to play. It was so much fun! This was my favorite game to play growing up! I loved trying to deduce who had done it, with what and where. Of course I always wanted to be Miss Scarlet. Not only is she the most glamorous character but she also gets to go first. Ha! Double whammy!! When I was tucking the girls into bed tonight Kenners told me how much fun she had playing Clue with me. I think I've started the next generation of Clue lovers!

What was your favorite board game growing up?

post signature

29 tweets and twitters:

Susan said...

I too played clue a lot growing up. (I was ALWAYS miss scarlet too!) But, I'd have to say that I played Monopoly and The Game of Life way more frequently.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Hey! Monopoly and Game of Life here too. We have taught our little ones how to play now too. I love the little cars in The Game of Life and all the little people you put in them.

Also, Phase Ten is a really cool card game!

Kristen said...

I don't know my favorite board game growing up, I think we played with cards more than anything. But I know that now I love Ticket to Ride and skipbo. What a fun evening you guys had.

Scrapper Mom said...

I love that game. One of our favorites and we still play it at my mom's sometimes is Connect 4.

Sometimes it is just refreshing to have some old time fun.

diane said...

Hi Miss Scarlet,

I learned to play that game with my Aunt at my Grandma's house.

Fun memories.

Our Complete Family said...

I've been a bit absent due to kiddos happenings, so I have a few to comment on girl! Love Kenners artwork. How super neat and great is that?!? Where did you put it? Ah, your Cmas wish list. I so would love many of those things as well to be under my tree! ;)
And Clue~ what a FUN game! We love, love, love family game night each week in our house! Bryce's favs right now are 'Blokus', 'Abilone' (is that how you spell it?), 'Sequence' and a few others...
Growing up I loved family game time but my fav had to be Gin Rummy with a good old fashioned deck of cards!
Happy winter time Rae! Are you all set for the week ahead? I wish I was!!! :)
Hugs, Les

Daphine said...

We love to play board games at our house too!

My favorite board game when I was growing up was and still is Monopoly!

Have a great week!

Fifi Flowers said...

I've never played Clue. I loved playing Yahtzee and Scrabble. Monopoly always took too long.

Unknown said...

I love clue have you ever seen the movie it is great! I love all board games and cards! ♥

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

HEY, that was my favorite growing up too. Now it's my youngest daughter's favorite as well. Thanks for the peanut/hershey kiss cookies below. And...Loved the
1995 photo of you and hubby. : )

Anonymous said...

I have never played Clue. The only board games that I remember playing was Monopoly, Scrabble, & Trivial Pursuit. My family wasn't big into board games. I wish they had been. I always enjoyed playing them when I could finally convince someone to play with me.

Pedaling said...

it's so fun when your kids get old enough to play with YOU! me and my crew enjoy clue, too.
(wow that was one big rhyme)

cherry said...

My cousins and I played Clue for hours! We loved it...I also loved Ms. Scarlet..but I think it was because her pawn was red...Rofl. My Mom got me the video version at one point...but it was never as tried and true as the original. We also liked Sorry and Life. cherry

April said...

I loved Clue, Monopoly, Trouble, and Battleship. Unfortunately, I don't think kids and families play board games like they used to, with technology like it is today (Wii, Game Cube, etc.). We love to play board games!

Rhonda said...

We too grew up on CLUE and our family is now on its third CLUE. We are hard on board games because they are used so much.

duchess said...

Clue was my favorite growing up too. I just love figuring out a good mystery.
We play it a lot here also.
Have a great Monday.

Shell in your Pocket said...

I love playing Clue....such a fun game! Ahh..right now Hungry Hippo is our favorite!
-sandy toes

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I am/was/will be addicted to UNO-Love it!!!

Lisa said...

We liked clue, too. We are at the Candy Land level here, but it sure is fun to play board games!

Tausha said...

Clue huh? I kind of forgot about that game. My mom is a game lover. She would always buy games for every christmas. The only problem-my brothers and day would never play. They still wont. So on sundays, we pull out the games and all us girls play!
Losers!
I have got a fun game for you. have you ever heard of BLOKUS? It kind of like tetris with plastic peices. You want to be the first person to get rid of all your peices. The other players block you. It really is fun and everyone can play-my kids love it! So-maybe you should look for christmas-you will all love it! More game memories for yOu!!

Liz Harrell said...

Mine was LIFE, which is ironic considering I tried to play it a few years ago and it bored me to tears. :)

heather said...

I love Clue!! It was this or LIFE or Monopoly or Yahtzee or... I can't decide.

Anonymous said...

I so loved monopoly! Awesome game and awesome fun with family whenever it came out!

Unknown said...

We love Clue! We have the one with the dvd...its really cool! The girls love it! We got it last Christmas for them and I think they played all clue scenes in 2 weeks! Sometimes we go back to play one and the girls remember who did it from playing it last year!

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

I loved it too! How sweet your kids are getting big enough to share those kinds of things with!! Neat!!

Shannon said...

Clue was definitely my favorite as was Life and Monopoly. Have you tried Clue the card game or the prequel to Clue-Clue Mysteries? They are both just as fun. Clue Mysteries would be really fun with kids! You have to try it!

Tara said...

BEST GAME EVER! We ♥ this game! I'm getting a new one this year because during our last move the box opened and we lost the candlestick, the knife and Prof. Plum.... How fun!!

Nancy said...

I loved Clue! I also loved Monopoly, but my brother tended to get all the money, all the pricey streets and hotels. Not much fun. And playing games with my husband usually ends in an argument because he's a mean winner.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I loved Twister as a kid, but Clue and Sorry were probably a tie for second place.

We don't have Clue, but I bet my kids would love it!