11.29.2008

Fabulously Crazy

Crazy Eights? How fun does that sound! Ashley@Life in Our Three-Ring Circus tagged me...too bad I'm not crazy enough to come up with 8 things in each category! Talk about lame-o!

8 TV shows I like to watch
1. Desperate Housewives
2. Ugly Betty
3. Top Chef
4. Project Runway
5. The Glenn Beck Program (moving to FoxNews in 2009)
6. 
7. 
8. 

8 places I like to eat
1. Panera
2. King Wah (Chinese)
3. The Cheesecake Factory
4. The Olive Garden
5. Outback Steakhouse
6. Red Robin (I always order their Stack of Onion Rings w. a Diet Coke)
7. DK said to list McDonald's but that is definitely NOT a place I like to eat at. It's a place JK likes to eat at. He SCREAMS 'Donald's!!! at the top of his lungs. I always carry a book with me when we're out and about so I'm prepared for a 'Donald's stop. I order the Southwestern Salad w. Grilled Chicken!
8. 

8 things that happened yesterday
1. Slept until 8 AM (no early bird shopping for me this year!)
2. Started decorating for Christmas
3. Enjoyed playing with my three kiddo's
4. Spent way too much time on Facebook
5. Stayed in my pj's until 1 PM, took a shower and then dressed in sweats!
6. Watched Journey to the Center of the Earth with the family
7. Read Last Night at the Lobster
8. Went to bed early!

8 things I look forward to
1. JK being potty trained!
2. Going to see Twilight TODAY with my sister and Natalie
3. Quiet time curled up with a good book
4. Shopping and decorating for Christmas
5. Nap time
6. Going out to lunch with friends
7. My birthday
8. Date night with hubby

8 things on my wish list
1. Owning a house on the water
2. Going out on a date each week with DK
3. Opening and operating my own home interior design store
4. Buying an Audi TT for DK and I to cruise around in (I call this car his midlife crisis!)
5. Taking a European vacation
6. Moving to Australia
7. Serving a mission with DK
8. Having a "to die for" body without worrying about exercise and/or calories!

Thanks Liza for this fabulous award!
You are so sweet to think of me! 


To wrap up this fabulously crazy post I'll end with a fabulously crazy idea. Yesterday I was putting candles in the windows like I do every year. But this year I wasn't a worried mess about the candles "accidentally" falling off the windowsills and the light bulbs shattering on the hard wood floor.

Here is the above said hard wood floor.

Here is the aforementioned candle on the windowsill.

Here is the reason why I am not worried about glass bulbs shattering.
Silicone!
2 bulbs for $.99=peace of mind!

post signature

19 tweets and twitters:

Shell in your Pocket said...

Dear Rae,
On Wednesday of this week, I had one of those silicone light bulbs and it caught on fire..YES! Thank goodness I was right there...do not leave those on when you go out. I still use them but now I will not leave those on.
-sandy toes
p.s. yesterday, sounded dreamy...pj's till 1..yes!

Pedaling said...

i had a hard time picking 8 tv shows, too.
and i too have a facebook- but i don't use it much- my cousins talked me into it as a way to keep contact. it's kinda cool.

sounds like a fab - relaxing- thanksgiving weekend with your family

Anonymous said...

We put those candles in the windows as well. Falling off and the bulb breaking has already happened. But, we think one of the cats jumped up there and knocked it off.

Your list is great. Oh, I could definitely name 8 TV shows. HGTV has too many cute shows.

Em said...

Love your favorites! Panera's rocks!

Did you like Twilight? I saw it yesterday too!

Jenni said...

Hi Rae~
I love your lists! That is a fun tag! :) I also love the look of those light bulbs, and have never heard of Silicone ones! Maybe I'll have to try those out! :) I hope you have a wonderful time at the movie today! :)

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I'm SO copying this! I'm trying to get some posts written to auto-post while I'm gone next week...this is perfect!

LOVED YOUR LIST!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

loved your list and your award! congrats!

michele said...

Decorating for Christmas, lazy mornings in PJS... love it.

...for all eternity said...

Question...I see these candles in every window of my neighbors house and wondered if they ment something. Maybe it is something really obvious so please forgive me!!

Rhonda said...

I too am going to use those this year. We are scaling WAY back on the Christmas decorating but I will definitely ALWAYS do the candles in my windows.

Rhonda said...

Oh...and this is an answer to ...for all eternity on the candles. It harkens back to the age when families would put in a real candle in their window to welcome weary strangers. I have also been told that it signifies that a family has a loved one away and waiting for their safe return.

The Berry's Patch said...

Ditto on #8 for the wish list. :-)

Ashley said...

awww i loved your crazy eights!!

Ashley said...

awww i loved your crazy eights!!

Daphine said...

Great post! I realy enjoyed reading it. We don't normally put candles in our windows. However, we've talked about doing it this year. We'll see. This is all happening so very fast now. I am so overwhelmed with us dragging everything out of the attic already. So again....we'll see. I feel that things are totally not in order around here. Wait! It's not in order, duh? It's called decorating right? Okay..I'm rambling on someone else space. Sorry!

Have a great evening!

Fifi Flowers said...

FUN to read more about you! Congrats on award... that award button is adorable!
ENJOY!
Fifi

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Loved your lists...Why not McDonalds??? (LOL)

Liza said...

You're very welcome!!!

Rach (Mommy Learns to Blog) said...

What a fun post! You had me at facebook - you need to friend me! I spend FAR too much time on there!