10.22.2008

Scattered Here and There

What a whirlwind of a day! I have to get to sleep but first I must share a few quick things!

Have you noticed my AMAZING blog makeover? Wahoo!!! Many, many thanks to Jen @ Trendy Mommy Blog Designs!! She is such a pleasure to work with, has oodles of talent and is highly efficient. Talk about a winning combo! She designed a little button for you all to put on your blog (located on my left-hand side bar...just copy and paste the code)! So, please, take it and think of me often!!

I love hunting down a great deal. This week I scored two!

I found this canvas at Target for $4!
It adds just a little something to a narrow wall in my bedroom.


What do you think of my terra cotta pumpkin? $12 at Michael's!
I just had to bring him home! Now he needs a name...


I want to thank you all for your sweet comments and support from yesterday's post. Golly, I knew raising children would be hard but I never anticipated the heartbreak that would come along with it. I used to scoff at people who said, "Bigger kids, bigger problems". My eyes are beginning to see the truth in that statement. Today I picked the girls up from school (along with 9 other 2nd grade girls) and we went on a field trip. As you know, I co-lead Kenners' Brownie troop and today we went to a Nature Center to explore ecosystems. It was a gorgeous day and I treasure the time spent with my chick-a-dee's.

I am reminded over and over and over again...one of my jobs as their mother is to create a safe haven of refuge and peace. A place where they are free from the bombardments of the world. A sanctuary of unconditional love and support. We will continue to have struggles and trials but we are fortified each day through prayer, Scripture study and each other. 

Together!

post signature

25 tweets and twitters:

heather said...

I love the new look!! But please keep that cute little bird on your profile because that cute little bird makes me smile every time I see it!

You should name the pumpkin michael after his birthplace. :) Good deals are great! And being involved with the Girl Scouts must be great. When/if I ever have a girl I want her to be a girl scout!

Anonymous said...

Your new blog makeover is fantastic.

What a deal on your finds. I can't believe you paid only $12 for that pumpkin. I may have to pay the local Michael's a visit.

That is an absolutely great picture of you and your family

diane said...

Your blog looks great. I love the new pumpkin.

Christy said...

Love the new look too! And your comments on creating a safe haven for your family. You are indeed one wonderful momma.

Ruby Red Slippers said...

LOVE your new design!!! Looks great!!

Anonymous said...

Very Chic. I'm likin' it a lot. Cute picture too.

April said...

Your new blog design is gorgeous!! I am so jealous!! I love the colors and your header. Isn't it wonderful to get a makeover? Of course, a little Botox at this point in my life might be my preference. :)

You just hang in there, girl, when it comes to your kids dealing with bullies. Just yesterday, Abby came home from school saying their were some "popular kids" in her class who called her a nerd. I told her not to let them get to her because she is smart, beautiful, and kind-hearted. She should hold her head high and refuse to give them the power that they are better than she is! Still, I know the "sting" of being made fun of...but, I want her to know and believe that she is strong and can overcome anything! More importantly, that she is loved and cherished.

Two thumbs up to you for being such a great mom!!

Unknown said...

Love the new blog look! And I think your terra cotta pumpkin is adorable! I have one that looks just like him but his lid got cracked on the move! ;( His is currently undergoing surgery with some very super Super Glue. I hope I can put him outside before too long!

THe picture of y'all outside is great!

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

I think I might have already said this but I really love your new blog look!

Man...I wish I could find good deals on things at places like Target. Stuff rarely goes on sale at my Target. (or if it does it's not marked down enough for me to buy it). I love your canvas art!

Erica said...

What a nice picture of you guys! Hope you had fun but remember to keep an eye out for those pesky ticks!!! (They are most active in October/November according to the news this am) You know our story of our eco-explorer badge field trip!

nanamoo said...

i love the new look!

Crystal said...

I too love the new look! The picture of you with your chick-a-dee's is great!

I also totally agree with your comments of creating a safe haven of refuge and peace for our children. With all that's going on in our world today, it's nice that our home can be such a special place!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Okay...first I love love love your blog makeover...it is just perfect!!!!! I love it!...can't stop looking at it!

I love your last paragraph of this post...so true...a refuge from the world ...a sancuary!
-Sandy Toes

Michelle@Life with Three said...

That canvas is great -- what a find! I was just at Target the other day and didn't even think to look at the artwork to see what was on clearance.

And what you said about making the home a refuge is so true. It reminds me that all the little "insignificant" things I do each day (like cleaning the kitchen 10,000 times) contributes to a bigger whole for my family.

Scrapper Mom said...

The blog design is AWESOME. I just smiled when it popped up o
n my screen. Lucky you.

Cheryl said...

I think that picture is so adorable! And the blog looks great, too!

Merand said...

Love the print, love the pumpkin, and love the picture of you and the kids. It's absolutely perfect! (Just paste DK's head on there and you've got a great Christmas card!) :)

Oh, and of course, I LOVE the blog design!!!

Amy said...

LOVE the blog makeover...it looks awesome. Free??

Unknown said...

love the new look! Love the pumpkin!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE TARGET FIND!!!! SEND ME ONE TO NZ!!!

The pic of you & the kids is adorable too!!! They are getting so big!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Oh, i love mr. pumpkin face! he's too cute!
and yes, I do love the makeover! very much!

Daphine said...

Since I am a new reader, I don't know what your blog previously looked like....I love the design! Great colors and great layout!

I will be checking my Target out tomorrow for that canvas!!!!! Oh my goodness!!! Love that!

Beautiful picture of you and kiddos!

Tara said...

#1, Blog looks AWESOME! LOVE IT! Love Trendy Mom! She rocks!

#2. I'll buy that picture off of your for $8 plus shipping....deal?

#3. You can put the pumpkin in the box too...but i'll go check my local Michaels and see if i can find one.

#4. putting your cute button on my blog!

Tara said...

FYI....i'm kidding about the picture...i'll pay you $10...how's that?

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Your blog looks fantastic! Love the pumpkin and the wall canvas too.

Did you know that I'm a co-leader of my daughter's brownie troop too? Yep, we have 10 first grade girls...they're all adorable and I have a lot of fun with it!