This weekend was our church's semiannual General Conference. We love being able to stay home and watch conference on the BYU channel BUT it is a struggle to keep the chick-a-dee's quiet, reverent and attentive. I'm not so sure we were successful!
I'm holding JK down and bribing them with dum-dums!!
(Photo courtesy of DK playing with his iPhone DURING Conference!)




12 tweets and twitters:
I loved conference...but we too struggled with keeping The Darlings focused. They didn't do too bad and yes we had many items to use as bribery...that's not wrong...right??!! ;)
Hmmm...It doesn't look like the kiddos were getting much out of it but I gotta say, I really love Kenners new glasses! Very chic!
sounds typical
Hey you...I saw you were a big winner! Congrats...how fun to win that picture!
Love dum dums!
-Sandy Toes
Yeah, we made it through ONE talk of ONE session with the kids this morning. (I guess that's ok for a 5 and 3 year old!)
We have it on but don't watch it. We find ourselves yelling at the kids to be quiet, etc. So it's "on" so they know it's conference time but we really just end up reading it when the Ensign comes out or catching up online. Works for us.
Gotta love bribing the kids with dum dums. I don't think Cade would have ever gotten potty trained without them.
I love watching church on the couch in my jammies.
What a sweet picture! Yes, I think we've all used candy at one time or another to bribe our children to behave in a certain manner. I, for one, am guilty as charged. Hey, you just have to do what works sometimes! Just don't let Dr. Phil get a hold of me! :)
dum-dums are such excellent bribe tools!
And, you know, probably what mattered more than their watching, was watching you watching. :)
I love this picture of you with your children. I went to church to watch conference on Sunday (Sat. I will put up with watching it on the computer, but not Sunday - we don't get it on our t.v.). All three children wanted to be touching me, even my teenager wanted to put his head on my shoulders. We had to do a little compromising and shuffling around, so even in church we we had a little reverence problem... but it was worth it, wasn't it?! Especially since we can listen again via the internet.
Dum dums~ a Moms best friend at times, right?!? Such a cute photo!!! ~ Les
I loved conference this time. We watched via lds.org. My girls were free to come and go between the living room and their bedroom, but if they were in the living room they had to play quietly. Maybe next spring I'll work on ways to keep them in the living room with me to listen.
Post a Comment