10.11.2008

Marathons and Awards

No, I'm not the one running the half marathon, let's be real, people!
My sister is the one running and I couldn't be more proud of her!
(Disclaimer: I do think she's completely insane!)
Go Shottsie, go!!

It's Columbus Day Weekend which means it's time
for the "Annual Evans Family Fall Leaf Drive"!
I pulled the van over the other day to take pictures of this tree.
Isn't it gorgeous?

And finally, there is SO MUCH bloggy love going around right now!
It's just fabulous!

Thank you, Scrapper Mom for this award.
It's always a joy visiting your blog!

Thank you Emilie Nichole for this most ultra fun Gold Card!
I would like to pass this cute card on to:
Pedaling Fast~she is so amazing and inspiring and has the best sense of humor!
Our Adventures in the East~Natalie is a new blogger (yay!) but she is also a real life friend. Her little girl, EP, is the cutest thing ever!
Memoirs of the Shoe Obsessed~Andie is hilarious and is currently sharing the in's and out's of being on bed rest with her little girl bean! I thought Andie would totally appreciate a new gold card while going through shopping withdrawal!

Thank you Jenni @ Nest to Keep for this bEAutiFuL award!

The rules of this blog award are:
1. List 6 things about yourself and
2. Pass this award on to 6 other bloggers

Okay, here goes.
1~(Jenni posted that her and hubby were engaged less than seven months after meeting) I thought I would top that! DK and I were engaged 6 weeks after meeting!
2~DK and I were foster parents for over 3 years.
3~When I get really, REALLY angry, I cry. Do you know how annoying it is to be furious and then start crying? It drives me nuts!
4~I started babysitting at the age of 9! (My oldest is 9 and there's NO WAY I'd let her babysit!)
5~I have never had a massage and have no desire to ever get one.
6~I love going to the dentist for cleanings. This might be due to the fact I have never had a cavity and have no reason to hate the dentist!

I am pleased to pass this award on to the following:
2~Jan @ The Turley's
4~Emily Nichole @ Bunch of Scrap
5~Rachelle @ love, rachelle
6~Melanee @ Ready to Glow

16 tweets and twitters:

Amy said...

She might do better on her running time if she took that thing off her wrist.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your awards! You sure deserve them. You have a great blog. Isn't fall the best?

Melanee said...

Ah you sweet girl. Thank-you. This will be fun. Do you realize that when you started your blog, you were my inspiration for starting mine? :) Love you!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Cool awards! Congrats!
Great list too! I got one to top yours...since I got the award from pedaling, I will post mine and you will see! LOL

Unknown said...

Congrats on the award! Have fun at the pumpkin patch!

Pedaling said...

rae, thank you so much. and you know what i like about you?
that you realize, most times, i am just kidding- trying to be funny, YOU GET ME- and that says alot- thanks.
and also, i realized what work it is to link and tag and pass out awards, as i was doing the same last night...so thank you for workin' it and passing a little thoughtfulness along my way.
oh, one more thing- a big shout out to your sis
and you live in a most beautiful part of our country and sometimes i am jealous!
have a great weekend

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Jus' visiting from my friend Emilie's blog! You've got a great blog going here...love the post of your bedroom fall re-do! When I first saw it I thought it was a hotel room! ~Sherri

diane said...

You might not run marathons, but you do get lots of awards.

Tausha said...

I had to say that I can beat you on the engagement time!
Are you ready-are you sitting down?
31 days! From first day to ring on the finger .
I know I am crazy-we celebrate 10 years this march!
Too bad he is stuck with me for eternity!

Lipstick said...

Congrats on your awards! We all love hearing about life in the nest!

BTW...I found Pedaling through you and I love her too!

Elise said...

I can almost top your #1. My husband's mom set us up(my hundredth blind date) and he wouldn't call me until he felt like God was telling him I would be his wife. We met Nov. 18th, were talking marriage by Christmas and were engaged Feb. 2nd, married that Nov. Busy time!!
#5-no massage, really?? I would love one!!
Elise

Elise said...

Just read your comments-guess Tausha has both of us beat!!
Oh, beautiful leaves...And your sister reminds me of one of you girls a little bit.
Elise

Jenni said...

Hi Rae~
Congratulations on your awards~ you deserve each and every one of them!
I always love reading your blog! It was neat to learn more about you! :)

Em said...

Congrats on ALL your awards and thanks for passing one along!!!

Nancy said...

You are too too sweet. Congrats on your awards and thanks for passing an award on to me. :)

Andy said...

Hey thanks! I could really use that card. I'm making up for lost time!