9.26.2008

My Little Girl Needs Glasses?

Say it isn't so! The second week of school Kenners came home and was complaining about not being able to see the board in school. I blew her off a tad, after all, this is the same girl who BEGGED for glasses while in the first grade. I e-mailed the school nurse and asked her to give Kenners a quick check and sure enough she recommended I take her to the eye doctor.

We went this morning and Kenners' wish came true: she needs glasses. Not only does she need glasses for distance BUT she needs glasses for reading! We need to order lenses with the no-line bifocals. She's only 7 years old...I can't imagine what her future holds! She'll probably be blind by the time she's 30!

Did I mention this is the same child who started orthodontic work at the ripe old age of 4?

23 tweets and twitters:

Erica said...

Ack!!! No way. Of course, count your blessing she made it to 7! Great, Allie will be next. Kenners will look great, can't wait to see her with her frames!

Anonymous said...

That's so funny! I didn't want glases but I had always wanted a retainer! Go figure!

April said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
April said...

I am sure your little girl will do just fine with her new glasses. They are all the rage anymore. Both of my girls have been in glasses since a very young age. Brittany's wears contacts now, but neither one has had an issue with their corrective lenses.

Oh, and did you choose a winner for your giveaway? Just wondering. :)

Pedaling said...

glasses are a pain- my little 9 yr old boo has them- she has horrible eyesight without them- but hates to wear them- we tried contacts, and they bothered her eyes, though that's what she wears to dance and sports and stuff like that...
thank goodness for Lasik- once they're over 18! my hubby did it and it's like a miracle!

just tell her she looks cute and have her daddy tell her too- that always works wonders!

Lisa said...

Amanda has had glasses for a long time. 6 or 7. This year she got contacts and last year Emily did. They both love them! The love of the glasses (Amanda wanted them, too) does wear off!

The Farmer's Wife said...

Oh, wow! Just think a whole new world will open to her now!;)

April said...

I love the comment you left on my blog about the girls calling for your hubby! You set them straight, huh? Way to go, girl!!! :)

Shell in your Pocket said...

Wow...I am glad you were so proactive with it...it will help her! Hang in there! My husband had glasses early and his prescription has not changed in years!
-Sandy Toes

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Ooh...my two daughters both had to have glasses before kindergarten. : ( One wears contacts all the time now, the other, orders the cutest up-to-date frames and looks adorable too. Just think how much better school will go for her now. : )
M.L.
P.S. Loved your adorable little green house and the happy story to go with.

The Berry's Patch said...

Well, I guess you can tell her to be careful what you wish for, it just might come true. I bet she'll be a doll in glasses anyway.

I'm so bummed I didn't win the giveaway. Darn it. :-)

April said...

So glad to hear that someone so deserving won your giveaway! I just left a message for her, in fact. I've been through many losses myself, so I can relate. Have a great weekend!! :)

Camrie said...

Ah, I can't picture her with glasses. But at least she wants them. =P

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Bless her little heart. And bless you mommy for listening to that little girl. Some mommy's might have just blown her off thinking she's too young! So glad to hear she's going to get what she needs! I hope she likes them and does well with them!

diane said...

I got glasses when I was 7. Contacts at 14. Lasik at 30...best thing ever.

My daughter got reading glasses in first grade. She only needed them til 5th grade.

My husband and sons have all had lasik. Save your money. She can have it at 18. My son got it at 18.

heather said...

Poor little gal! I bet she'll be so cute in her little glasses! Little kids always are... and then maybe she can get lasik or something someday!

heather said...

Okay, I love your blog. Its so cute! I spent four summers in CT, and I so miss the East! Are you a New Englander??

And I am so sad I barely missed your give away!!

Tausha said...

So-she has her own savings account labeled
"incidentals"

Merand said...

Well, after all her mother used to be practically blind! At least she wants to wear glasses. you won't have to fight with her about it.

Jenni said...

Oh, no, don't worry about it too much! I was pretty young too when I got glasses, and I can still see just fine! (With contacts!) :) Anyway, she will be so cute in glasses; kids always are! :)

Ellen said...

My sympathies...I have worn glasses since I was in fourth grade, contacts since I was in seventh. I am pretty much blind without them! But thank the Lord that it can be corrected!
She'll be just fine. She's a beautiful child -- glasses will look good on her!

Em said...

I had bifocals at TWO, contacts at 10 and NOTHING from Jr. High until I had kids! I grew out of my eye problems and now just wear reading glasses when my eyes get tired. You never know!

Elise said...

Whoa, she's advanced...
I guess.
Elise