8.29.2008

A Quick 1-2-3

This is going to be a hodge podge of a post. A little this, a little that. 

#1 - I want to take a moment and introduce you to RoverHaus. RoverHaus recently started commenting on my blog and guess what? RoverHaus is a GUY! I thought the only male who read my blog was my dear hubby. But no! I must say I stopped short and quickly thought back on my posts praying I hadn't written anything that included too-much-info on ladies' issues! I had not given much thought to male bloggers (any others out there?) but think they make a wonderful addition! Welcome RoverHaus! Take a moment and check out his post on his amazing wife!

#2 - Yesterday JK and I met up with his playgroup at a local park. We rode the carousel (twice), ate lunch and played on the playground. He had a great time! We haven't made it to playgroup all summer so it was nice seeing everyone again.


#3 - As many of you know I had thought about homeschooling the girls this year. After much research and prayer DK and I decided to send them back to their public school. Last night, while reading, The Glass Castle, I gasped in horror at the following excerpt:

"The few teachers the town did have were not exactly the pick of the litter....Miss Page had gotten the ax when the principal caught her toting a loaded rifle down the school hall. Miss Page said all she wanted to do was motivate her students to do their homework."

And I thought I had big issues to worry about!

Happy Friday everyone!

12 tweets and twitters:

Lina ♥ C´est la vie said...

Oh how nice of you! I love your blog too! :)

Have you seen the nice photo o just put in.

What time is it at your place now? I am going at 4.30 pm to Formex Fair in Stockholm :)

diane said...

My kids are safer in public school, with bomb threats than they would have been at home with me...it wouldn't be pretty.
They survived, I've had to be their advocate on a number of occasions. Changed their English class so they could read a classic instead of something I consider inappropriate. Kept them home on G@y day, moniter the Health and human biology, sx ed. It's like a part time job.

The Berry's Patch said...

I think I may follow Miss Page's idea. I hate guns but it would sure help get their homework done. ;-)

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Loved the quick update!
hope there are no Miss Paige's at their school! :-)

Erica said...

Hey, BL reads your blog too. He's such a girly-man!!!!

...for all eternity said...

Thanks for the post! I loved his post on How to be a rock star...instantly. Have you seen who the new GOP V.P. nominee that McCain picked yet? What are your thoughts?

Liz said...

I'm sorry I missed playgroup because I feel like I haven't talked to you forever. Sounds like it was lots of fun though. I can't believe its back to school time already. The kids looked so cute waiting for the bus.

Unknown said...

I pretty much write to the female crowd myself...good reminder that it isn't just us mom's out there.

Looks like your play date was a success!

Happy Friday!

kari and kijsa said...

Trying to get back into the blogging swing of things and give a grateful shoutout for all the paryers and support!

Thankful blessings,
kari & kijsa

RoverHaus said...

My wife just started homeschooling our 4 this week. It was not an easy decision but we feel peaceful about it.

Thanks for sharing your friends with me!

Carry Grace said...

I don't like to think about sending my son to school yet, but I was home schooled for a few years and I hated it. I think it is great for some people though, I 'm just glad I don't have to decide yet.

Our Complete Family said...

Looks like you guys had a FUN filled day! Yea for that! Hope you have a great Labor Day! ~ Les