There won't be many more days to sit out on the front porch and enjoy the last fleeting days of summer. But I'm okay with that. I am a tried and true lover of autumn. How I love the leaves blowing and rustling around the corner of the house. (Though I do not like having to rake up said leaves!) The chill in the air. The smell of burning wood in someone's cozy fireplace. The crunch of grass and leaves under your shoes as you savor the last walk of the season. Stirring a bubbling pot of hearty soup on my stove.
Maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself. After all, we still need to get through Indian Summer which tends to pop its head up right at the last moment when you think you are safe from a warm/hot spell.
Many of my bloggy friends have started decorating their homes for fall. How I love the fall color palette! The deep reds, greens, golds, purples, browns and blacks. Bringing out the cozy quilts and throws to snuggle into with a cup of cocoa and a book to read. I'm already starting to feel so cozy! I go CrAZy with my fall decor. But I'm trying to be patient. None of it is out of the storage closet. My summer decor is still (mostly) in place. I will wait until after Labor Day. No matter how you all may tempt me. To console myself I shall go and sip on a mug of cocoa. Without the quilt. It's just too warm still. I will be counting the days...




24 tweets and twitters:
Ahh! That's just the kind of description I love. You know I love autumn as much as you! In past years I've not allowed myself to put up any of my fall decor until after my birthday but even that sometimes seems too early. I'm looking for some new curtains and pillows with a heavier texture for getting a cozier feel in the living room. Want to help me on my challenge with your amazing talent for picking up great deals???
Oh!!! I am going to miss everything 'autumn' this year! I guess I can just look back at this perfect description as a reminder of one of the best times of year!
I think it's cold enough this morning for some hot cocoa . . . maybe?! :)
That sounds so good Rae! Oh, do I love cozy quilts, hot soup and cocoa. Can't wait! I'm waiting until after labor day for my fall decor too.
Brandee :-)
I'm with you on all of the treats of autumn. I also love the wind! Something about that wind (that isn't icy cold, just cool) really gives me a boost. Oh, and don't forget apples!!! And all the treats we can make with them. Yum.
Oh, and wearing jeans and sweaters, and fairs, and apple cider, and see what you've started!
I admit, I did have my husband get the fall decorations down from the attic space--but that's only because we so rarely access the space. He put away the *Easter* decorations while he had the space opened...that just goes to show you how little we go in there!!
~ Sarah
I can't wait for it to cool off, fall is my favorite time of the year too.
Fall is my favorite time of year by far. I love the colors, decorations and the anticipation of the upcoming holidays. I'm being patient too because I just can't seem to pull out the fall decorations at least until after Labor Day either.
I'm counting the days with you....
I love sweater weather. Although it is still awhile away around here.
I'm counting down, too, hun! Happy Monday~ Les
Why do you make fall sound so wonderful?? :-) Just kidding. I really do love it, but where I used to live it lasted for maybe two weeks and then we had 9 months of winter. So, I could never enjoy fall due to my anxiety over what came after. Isn't that sad? ... But now you have me excited for Honey Crisp apples and raking a pile of leaves for the kids to jump in ... now where in the desert does one go to rake leaves ...
Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I understand about sharing. Blessings to you today.
Love your site! Yes, we are eager for fall too yet, enjoying the swimming pool still! ;)
I'm preparing for fall as well but just can't bring myself to start decorating until Sept.
Thanks for stopping by for a visit. Let me know how your trip to IKEA goes & if you see my chair...test it out & give me your opinion.
Fall~ my favorite time of the year. It is when I miss home and family most. South FL fall is much different than TN fall but the childhood feeling remind tightly bond in my heart, and soul!
I tried to hold off, Rae, I did, but the pressure got to me!! I was listening to Christmas music yesterday!!
Elise
i am so with you on this bandwagon. I love the fall! i love the colors that my honey locust trees change-orange/yellow and black-it's like I have my own halloween trees. Too bad they lose their leaves and I have to clean them up!
I too will NOT decorate until it had NOT been over 90 degrees for at least 10 days. At this rate-I might not decorate until christmas!
I KNOW! I went to Starbucks and got a Carmel Apple Cider the other day because I was in such a fall mood but just could not justify breaking out the decorations, as much as I want to! Patience...is not something I am good at, but trying to work on! :)
-Carrie
Oh Fall! I love it! Not only are the decorations just lovely but I also get to celebrate 2 birthdays in Oct. One on the 6th and my little girls 1st birthday is on Halloween of all days. I can't wait to break out all my fall stuff and put away summer.
The only think I don't look forward to is the gas bill to heat our home. It's going to be outrageous this year with the price hike in natural gas. Just keeping it real. Isn't that sad that when I think of fall I think of the heating bill then fabulous fall decor. What is wrong with me? Don't answer that....:)
Thanks for the comment on my blog. Now I have to go and finish checking out your blog. So far so good, theres some good stuff in here.
Thanks,
Rachel
I know how you feel. I actually felt alittle quilty scooping up the first two magazines I could find with anything to do with Fall!
I want to enjoy this time..but wait.. what is that ticking...How many days until Labor Day? (I start decorating for Fall then too, hehe).
good stuff!! My hubby and I ADORE the east coast, and our dream is to retire in Maine. Great job capturing it;)
I saw your blog featured on Rach's (mommy learns to blog) post, and I just wanted to come check you out. LOVE IT!
I love Fall except for the reminder it is that Winter is just around the corner as well. And I love Fall colors, oranges and browns and greens and golden yellows. And pumpkin patches.
My son (4) is out of bed when he shouldn't be, and saw your bunny on the sidebar and said, "Is that the bunny we're gonna get?" I talk about your rabbit all the time, much to my husbands chagrin... he's decided he doesn't like you because we may end up with a bunny someday because of your blog. :)
I am the exact same way! I keep looking at my fall things in the basement when I go down there and keep telling myself that I should let it get at least below 80 degrees before I pull it out! I cannot wait.
As much as winter is too long, its so nice to live in a place where the seasons are so pronounced.
Bring on fall and all the fun and beauty that goes with it! (But let's wait til Oct 1 or so)
Post a Comment