8.09.2008

Mod Podge Virgin

Before I left on vacation my neighbor had a yard sale. She usually holds 2 sales a year and I always look forward to them. I could devote an entire post to all of the neat things I have gotten from her. Hmm, maybe I will! But for now I will show you my latest acquisition: a black metal phone console.

It was nice and dirty and in need of a paint job. I bought a can of Black Satin Rustoleum spray paint and went to town. Once it was painted I still felt like it needed a little something. I have been inspired by Tausha and  Brassy Apple and their amazing use of mod podge. I've never mod podged before but I armed myself with a bottle and some Amy Butler scrapbook paper. Viola! My new masterpiece!

It's not perfect...there are a couple of bubbles in the paper and I somehow managed to glue the drawer shut...oops...but hey the whole thing only cost me $5...practice makes perfect!

14 tweets and twitters:

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Oooh, that is CUTE! Great job!

~ Sarah

Pedaling said...

love ideas like that. i think i looks perfect- great find and wonderful vision!

Amy said...

It looks great!
Did you get my email about this week?

Erica said...

Nice work!! Love the price too!

nanamoo said...

Wow! Creative you!

The Berry's Patch said...

Good job Rae! I once painted a drawer shut. Didn't really need it anyway. :-)

Insight, Insanity, Imagination said...

Rae, that is so cute! Hodge Podge is such a good idea, I never think of that when I'm doing craft projects!

Anonymous said...

GREAT WORK . . . as always!!!

Also nice job juggling EVERYTHING in Primary today. I think S.T. was wonderful! I meant to tell you how adorable your blouse & necklace looked!!!

Lipstick said...

Great job! That looks so cool!

Traci said...

Looks great! I have never mod podge before either, I need to try it myself. I have seen a lot of fun things done with it too!

Anonymous said...

It looks terrific!! What a great piece to add to your decor!!

Merand said...

Love the table! Never heard of Mod Podge before but absolutely love the concept. When I come up with a project, I'm going to have get instructions!

The Farmer's Wife said...

I love modge podge!!! seriously I do! Love the table you did a great job.

Chris said...

It cracks me up that you glued the drawer shut! It's such a cute table!