I can't believe it's here. The first day of school. The girls woke several times during the night (which meant I was awake several times during the night). They were up early...way early. We had plenty of time to find a quiet moment for DK to give each girl a Father's Blessing. It was a sweet and serene way to start the day.
The energy level was running high as we waited for the bus.

Rand (4th grade) - talk to the hand and
NO I am NOT excited to start school

Kenners (2nd grade) - I am SO EXCITED.
I've been counting down the days for the past 3 weeks!

JK wanted in on the action and was waiting for the bus in his pj's and backpack

What happened when the girls left and he realized he was stuck home with mom
The girls will be arriving home any moment! I have fresh baked cookies waiting for them. I've been massaging my hand all day knowing they will come home with a stack of papers I need to fill out!




15 tweets and twitters:
Poor little guy. I love how excited my youngest gets when his sister comes home. My hubby gave my daughter her first fathers blessing the other night, it was so sweet and beautiful, arn't we lucky gals! You kids are adorable! Good luck with all the paper work :)
It makes me smile to know you have fresh baked cookies for your daughters. I can't wait to do that for mine! Such good memories. Hope it was a good day for them!
-Carrie
Poor JK. Little does he know what he isn't missing. ;-)
Such sweet pictures! Hope your girls had a great first day back.
And I hope JK is feeling better ;)
Poor JK! Anneli saw the picture and was very concerned about JK! Little does she know, she is going to be very upset this year when Christopher is gone ALL DAY! I hope you had a great day with JK after the girls left and that the girls had a wonderful first day of school.
I wish I were going back to school! The excitement of the first day just can't be beat. I love JK with his backpack and you just can't help but feel bad for him being left home....Too soon it will be his turn too!
Poor JK. That is so sad. I better go and get some cookies for my kids for tomorrow. I think I'll go to Stop and Shop and pretend I baked them!!!
I hope it was a good day and they liked their teachers! Fresh baked cookies would make any day a good day! Neat-o treat for you guys!!! How did your little man do during the day while the girls were away? Caroline was fussy all day. She knew things were different I think. Poor little ones... Happy day wishes to you~ Les
Does he really? Bryce's little friend playing the Wii in the pic below the pillow entry, has it, too! Great minds think alike, hu hun?!? ~ Les
So...how'd it go??? I always think the first day is so exciting, yet it's also an extremely sentimental day too. I hope your girls had a great first day.
Oh yeah, I know all about the hand cramps. I get paperwork in triplicate! Yikes.
Kenners crack me up! Oh, poor JK...he needs his mama to bring him to Savanna's house. *wink*
I am so worried Elliot is going to look like JK when Tru goes to school. Cookies is a good idea though...maybe Elliot can make them. ;)
p.s. I totally cracked up about your bunny turning out to be a girl.
Ohh my he isn't happy is he? He sure is cute though. Poor guy... They are all soooo cute in their new clothes. I love that Bath and body hand wash too. I need to stock up. cherry
I hate the first day of school parent homework. What's up with that?!
Such sweet pictures!
Love that toothless smile!
Post a Comment